USB error heat related?

My lime might be taking a turn for the worse …

Im using a Odroid-C2 with a 5v@3a switching supply. An exact same type as iv been running an Odroid-X2 with a USB display for seberal years now. The supply should not be a problem and i do need to find a current/voltage meter thats meant to monitor 5V USB power.

Today it hit 85deg Fahrenheit and all my SDR gear is in my garage - temp control by mother nature if you would, and im having a loss of USB connectivity with the lime. Im going to wait untill late tonite to see if the connectivity issue persists… and hopefully find the 5v monitor to see if iv hit apon a heat issue with the limeSDR-USB.

I might use a 12v source and im wondering can there be usb power 5v and 12v connected to the board at the same time or is it one or the other.

If external power is used, should the provided USB cable not be used …

There is a power switch on LimeSDR-USB board. It selects an external power supply, when it is connected.
Of course you can use the USB cable to connect it to PC.

Iim currently using a 5v@3a to power through the supplied cable …

Still cant run the I/Q calibration routine … though gqrx runs for hours with out glitch …

USB-OTG port seems to have an issue.

No personal experience but I read that OTG can be a problem sometimes. I read about this in regards to the pine64 board. Don’t recall the problem details but I do recall that with the pine64 OTG port there’s a way to alter the linux driver to switch off OTG mode.

Maybe i should put my wireless keybord on the USB-OTG … i kinda need all the USB ports …

Ok … this is back again and im not using the USB-OTG port. The lime/odroid had been on since yesterday … not running any programs or anything – i simply forgot to shut down ubuntu and turn the power off …

I should make sure that im initializing the calibration properly … with start and stop ranges that are with on its operation range. Its 75deg outside and not sure how hot it is in the garage …

Iv shut it all off and will check later after dinner