Unable to get GNU radio companion to connect to the LimeSDR

Hello all,

I recently purchased a LimeSDR USB but have been struggling to get it to be used as an osmocom source in GNU radio. LimeQuickTest runs find and running SoapySDRUtil --probe works fine, with the LimeSDR being correctly recognised, printing out the device identification information and providing information about the RX and TX channels. I can create a simple Pothos graph, displaying the received RF data in a spectrogram. So it appears that in general the hardware is working fine.

In GRC, I’ve created a simple graph with an osmocom source and an FFT sink. In the osmocom source, the device arguments are set to soapy=0,driver=lime. When the graph is run however, the console shows the following:

gr-osmosdr v0.1.x-xxx-xunknown (0.1.5git) gnuradio 3.7.10
built-in source types: file osmosdr fcd rtl rtl_tcp uhd plutosdr miri hackrf bladerf rfspace airspy airspyhf soapy redpitaya 
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/linux-dev/limsdr/top_block.py", line 100, in <module>
    main()
  File "/home/linux-dev/limsdr/top_block.py", line 94, in main
    tb = top_block_cls()
  File "/home/linux-dev/limsdr/top_block.py", line 64, in __init__
    self.osmosdr_source_0 = osmosdr.source( args="numchan=" + str(1) + " " + 'soapy=0,driver=lime' )
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/osmosdr/osmosdr_swig.py", line 1173, in make
    return _osmosdr_swig.source_make(*args, **kwargs)
RuntimeError: SoapySDR::Device::make() no match

Any ideas?

I ended up compiling gr-osmosdr, SoapySDR and the SoapySDR LM7 plugin from source and now it works.

1 Like