Testing LimeNET - micro

I’m completely new to LimeNET, and I have no idea on how to start testing. I have flashed the newest Raspberry pi OS image on the LimeNET, and I’ve connected it to a desktop and tried to download LimeSuit on there, but get error about not finding CMakeLists.txt. Then I have tried to download LimeSuit on my computer (ubuntu 18.04) but don’t know how to run the program or how to connect my LimeNET. I’m using PoE.

You need to following the instructions for building from source:

https://wiki.myriadrf.org/Lime_Suite#Building_from_source

Make sure you have SoapySDR installed first and probably best to build this from source also:

With SoapySDR and then Lime Suite installed, run the commands:

LimeUtil --find

SoapySDRUtil --find

The first will tell you if Lime Suite (the low level driver) can find the SDR OK. The second command will tell you if SoapySDR, a higher level abstraction which quite a bit of software uses, can also find it. If Lime Suite cannot, SoapySDR won’t be able to.

So I found the device with LimeUtil, but with SoapySDRUtil --find I get the error:

######################################################

Soapy SDR – the SDR abstraction library

######################################################

No devices found!

I have tried to uninstall SoapySDR and reinstalled it again, but with no luck.
I have gotten so far that I found the LimeNET-micro on the LimeSuitGUI. I wasn’t able to complete the self_test tho, I was unable to tick the MIMO, and the only Data Reading option is LMS SISO.

But I cant find the device on SDRangel (and this is the program I want to use). I tried the Lime on Windows with SDR-radio(console V3), that worked too. Any suggestions on that as well?

Right, so SoapySDR isn’t loading the SoapyLMS7 module. When you ran cmake as part of the Lime Suite install, it should have said that it was building SoapySDR support. If not, it couldn’t find SoapySDR.

So either Lime Suite cmake couldn’t find SoapySDR and so didn’t build the module. Else the module got built and SoapySDR cannot find it. First thing is to find out if SoapyLMS7 was built.

LimeSuiteGUI isn’t really used for testing any more and instead please use LimeQuickTest.

You could try posting to the SDRangel group:

With LimeNET Micro and SDRangel, the best way to use these together is with SoapySDRServer from SoapyRemote running on the LimeNET Micro, then with SDRangel running on a laptop or similar and streaming over the network. You could just run SDRangel directly on the LimeNET Micro, but the additional load from the GUI may be a bit much for the RPi Compute Module.