Segmentation fault on RPI3

Hi there when I am trying to see specs by SoapySDRUtil --probe I am getting segmentation error which has never been occured before. Any Ideas?

Hey @ogun,

Could you please tell me which versions of LimeSuite and SoapySDR are you currently using? Also, have you built both of projects from source, or have you installed pre-built packages?

I know for sure that SoapySDR works on RPI w/raspbian and LimeSDR-usb, and I have a working SD image backup of raspbian with both LimeSuite and SoapySDR somewhere. If you’ve built the projects from source, I could get you the git checkout id’s for the versions I have used. Maybe some recent updates broke something.

Thanks Toby it was downloaded from source according to the lastest versions. It was working last week. I got this error for the first time.

Did you do anything else of importance, like updating the system, updating the source code and/or rebuilding LimeSuite/Soapysdr before it stopped working? Also, I have noticed you have a mismatched gateware version; did you try ‘sudo LimeUtil --update’ ? It most likely won’t fix your problem, but it’s worth a shot.

Nothing was changed. I updated GW its still same.

Does the board work as intended when using LimeSuiteGUI? Could you please check whether it connects, and then try running the FFTViewer module?

When I try to make self test I press calculate and limesuitegui stops and gives same segmentation error. Happened for the first time. It might be libusb fault

@ogun

Could you please try and update your LimeSuite installation? Firstly, you I would recommend you checkout the release tag for your LimeSuite git sources by doing the following command:
(LimeSuite sources folder)$/ git checkout v18.06.0
and then recompile and reinstall as per the instructions provided here:
https://wiki.myriadrf.org/Lime_Suite

Its solved. It was a swap area problem that rpi automatically shrinked it. Thanks @toby

1 Like