SCP Workbench: Fatal Application Error

The new SCP Workbench does not start in my system. System Details:
Core i7 930 , 2.80 Gz
12 GB Ram
Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit

Please let me know if I have to change any settings in my computer.
Thanks
-Rakesh

It gives an error:
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path ‘C:\ProgramData\Loctronix\ASR Workbench\1.0.0.0\AppSettings.propfile’ is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream…ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream…ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at System.IO.File.Open(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at Engenex.Xml.XmlFileProcessor.Save(Object obj, String fileName, Encoding enc, Formatting formatting)
at Engenex.Xml.XmlFileProcessor.Save(Object obj, String fileName, Formatting formatting)
at Engenex.Collections.XmlStorageAccessor.Flush(PropKey key)
at Engenex.Collections.PropKey.Flush()
at Engenex.Framework.Plugin.PropertyTreePluginLoader.Close()
at Engenex.Framework.Plugin.PluginManager.DoReadPluginData(Boolean bThrowExceptionOnLoadFailure)
at Engenex.Framework.Plugin.PluginManager.InitializeMgr(EnvironmentInfo info, Boolean bThrowExceptionOnLoadFailure)
at Engenex.Framework.AppContainer.InitPlugins(Boolean bThrowExceptionOnFailure)
at Loctronix.AsrWorkbench.App.InitPlugins(Boolean bThrowExceptionOnFailure)
at Engenex.Framework.AppContainer.BootStrap(AppContainer app, String[] sArgs)

Hello,

Is this is coming from one of the MyriadRF GUI’s? If yes, which one is that?

Andrew

Hi:
I ran into this problem after installing “ASR-Workbench” located at :
http://www.loctronix.com/support/AsrWorkbench/

I am not sure if this is a MyriadRF GUI. I am new to this environment (actually started working on it yesterday). Please let me know if you need any more information.

-Rakesh

Hi:
We discovered this issue yesterday as well. We won’t have a fix out until later this week. However there is an easy work-around. Basically what is is going on is that the permissions of on the program data directory was not set correctly during installation.

To fix the problem do the following:

1. Log into the account you used to install ASR Workbench or an administrative account.

2. Open a file explorer and go to the folder C:\ProgramData\Loctronix\ASR Workbench

3. Right-click on the directory and select properties. Go to the Security tab Select Users group and edit the permissions by adding a ‘write’ permission. This should apply to all directories and files contained within the folder.

The program should run after that.

I have set the permission for users on the folder C:\Program Files\Loctronix\ASR Workbench to write, but I still get the error message:

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path ‘C:\ProgramData\Loctronix\ASR Workbench\1.0.0.0\AppSettings.propfile’ is denied.
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream…ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream…ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at System.IO.File.Open(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at Engenex.Xml.XmlFileProcessor.Save(Object obj, String fileName, Encoding enc, Formatting formatting)
at Engenex.Xml.XmlFileProcessor.Save(Object obj, String fileName, Formatting formatting)
at Engenex.Framework.Plugin.PluginManager.DoReadPluginData(Boolean bThrowExceptionOnLoadFailure)
at Engenex.Framework.Plugin.PluginManager.InitializeMgr(EnvironmentInfo info, Boolean bThrowExceptionOnLoadFailure)

Is there something else I am missing ? Please let me know.

Hi: Reviewing the expection log I note that you need to set the permissions on C:\ProgramData\Loctronix\ASR Workbench not C:\ProgramFiles\Loctronix… If you do not see this directory select show hidden files and folders in “Tools>options>folder options” configuration.

Just to be sure, I uninstalled and re-installed the software. Then I went to the
C:\Program Files\Loctronix\ASR Workbench folder and changed the folders properties to write. I made sure I can see the hidden files (although I have been able to see this folder) I am still getting the error:

Please make sure you are changing the permissions in C:\ProgramData… not C:\Program Files. C:\Program Files does not contain the files that are having the permission problems. It is this directory

C:\ProgramData\Loctronix\ASR Workbench

Michael:

The software is up and running. Thank you for your patience.
I am able to run the demo and observe the fft.

I am trying to collect data on the GPS antenna provided on the hard ware. (I can also connect a external antenna).