PA module you are using with LimeSDR?

Just wondering what kind of PA modules you are using with your Lime?
Looking for solutions from 800 MHz to 2,8 G wideband or by bands.
Power up to 10w
Any leads please?

In my testing, it seems like you can only get a few feet transmitting @ ~100 mhz sending morse code using SDRAngel with limesdr mini. I would also like to know what kind of cheap (or not) power amp might work. How far was the transmission?

There are many broadband amps by companies like Narda, Minicircuits & others.They can be had cheap. Alsi, just cruise Ebay for some.
I have the driver & final for 25W around 2.3-2.7 Ghz if you are looking.

Ed

1 Like

FYI
My AM CW test on 432 MHz without PA on LimeSDR USB reached approx 100 m,
on open with 1/4 lambda antenna. That means that pure CW without carrier can
go 150 m or more.
Use of AM was because my small handy Icom RX have only AM,FM, WFM modes.
Djani

@AA7QQ
PM sent…

Personally, for my PA deck, I am using the PA deck from an old Yasey 857D, as it has all the filtering & amplification I can use.
Also, it’s going to be a ham radio, so, I saved a lot of space this way. 100W HF-50 Mhz, 50W VHF & 20W UHF.

Ed

Some PA from:
https://www.kuhne-electronic.de/funk/en/shop/industrial/prof-power-amplifier/prof-broadband/KU+PA+BB+0052502+A++RF+Broadband+Amplifier/?card=506
or
https://www.kuhne-electronic.de/funk/en/shop/industrial/prof-power-amplifier/prof-broadband/KU+PA+BB+0053003+A++RF+Broadband+Power+Amplifier/?card=507
Anyone?

1 Like

@9a4db - Djani,

Nice QRP amp for VHF/UHF work, but looks to be 6m and up, no HF. Not sure of the price, but there are comparable amps on EBay that cover HF to UHF that are in the $75 category and output 50W with a drive of +10dBm. Those would be a little more effective for Amatuer Radio use. These other amps appear to be very clean and used for ISM (Industrial, Scientific, Medical) work. It’s a good alternative for QRP use… :slight_smile:

73 de Marty, KN0CK

Tnx Marty, but…
Primary application for this one is real life testing of my Search and Rescue application.
Therefore 50 MHz and up is fine. Small power of 2-3w should be enough because
we are flying over the “target”.
Need to cover several bands from 110 Aviation up to EU GSM G4 on 1, 8 GHz.
Djani

Pick up old commercial gear for the frequencies you want & use the PA systems from them. Most commercial gear is FM. Got to keep an eye on Bias, for other modes.

Ed

1 Like