No module named 'LMS7002_EVB' trying to run python measureVNA.py

I’m getting this error message when trying to run

python measureVNA.py

I’m working on Windows 8.1 Pro and using Python 3.6.1 installed by Anaconda 4.4.0 (64-bit).

More details posted as issue on github here.

Thank you for your kind support,
mario

Hello,

You need Python 2.7 instead of 3.6. Just commented on and closed the issue.

Andrew

Thank you @andrewback for your kind reply.
Is a compatibility upgrade to Python 3.x planned in the short / medium term ?

…most of the scientific sw/packages i’m using is already there and the number of users of 3.x is constantly growing…

kind regards,
mario

Hi Mario,

Not as far as I am aware, but if someone would like to take this on it could make for an interesting project.

Hello @andrewback.
I solved that error adapting the import statements to python 3.6

I’ve been able to run the program but I faced a bigger issue with the pyusb package.
FYI, these are the changes needed: https://github.com/mariocannistra/pyLMS7002M

Ever since I don’t have much time to solve also the issue in pyusb, I will check if i can have python 2.7 on the same machine. This is the error message I got, probably some difference in pyusb for 3.6 vs 2.7 (more complete/mantained?):

Searching for LimeSDR... Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "measureVNA.py", line 145, in <module>
    limeSDR = LimeSDR()
  File "C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\pylms7002m-1.2.0-py3.6.egg\pyLMS7002M\LimeSDR.py", line 75, in __init__
  File "C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\pylms7002m-1.2.0-py3.6.egg\pyLMS7002M\LimeSDR.py", line 269, in getInfo
  File "C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\pylms7002m-1.2.0-py3.6.egg\pyLMS7002M\LimeSDR.py", line 242, in sendCommand
  File "C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\pylms7002m-1.2.0-py3.6.egg\pyLMS7002M\boardUSB.py", line 66, in controlTransfer
  File "C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\pyusb-1.0.0-py3.6.egg\usb\core.py", line 1025, in ctrl_transfer
  File "C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\pyusb-1.0.0-py3.6.egg\usb\core.py", line 102, in wrapper
  File "C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\pyusb-1.0.0-py3.6.egg\usb\core.py", line 120, in managed_open
  File "C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\pyusb-1.0.0-py3.6.egg\usb\backend\libusb1.py", line 786, in open_device
  File "C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\pyusb-1.0.0-py3.6.egg\usb\backend\libusb1.py", line 643, in __init__
  File "C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\pyusb-1.0.0-py3.6.egg\usb\backend\libusb1.py", line 593, in _check
NotImplementedError: Operation not supported or unimplemented on this platform