I was wondering if somebody would be able to clarify how to modify the software running on the NIOS II. My current procedure is as follows:
- Inside Quartus open the ‘NIOS II Software Build Tools for Eclipse’
- Inside Eclipse File -> Import -> Import Nios II Software Build Tools Project
- Navigate to LimeSDR-Mini_GW/LimeSDR-Mini_lms7_trx/software/lms_ctr_app
- Open main.c and modify, then save and close
- Project -> Build All
The .elf and .map are then generated inside lms_ctr_app.
- Inside Quartus - Processing -> Start Compilation
- Flash LimeSDR-Mini_GW/LimeSDR-Mini_lms7_bitstreams/LimeSDR-Mini_lms7_trx_HW_1.2_auto.rpd onto the FPGA using LimeUtil --fpga
When I then use the SDR it appears as if my changes to the NIOS code have had no effect leading me to believe it has not been compiled/flashed correctly. I’ve never used the NIOS before so I’d appreciate it if someone could clarify how to modify the code and recompile/flash.