LimeSDRmini SDRAngel SoapyLMS7 timeout problem on OSX

Hello, i report a timeout problem when using LimeSDRmini in an OSX Mojave 10.14.3 environment with SDRAngel
The board is recognised and reception works but only the very first time when it is plugged into the USB port.
If i stop reception, it is not possible to rearm it. A timeout error message pops out.
Investigating the SDRAngel code i found the point where the timeout occurs. After the setupStream and activateStream call the subsequent readStream() method (LimeSuite/SoapyLMS7/Streaming.cpp) return SOAPY_SDR_TIMEOUT. I have the LibUSB lastest version library 1.0.22

I made a screen video to show the problem here :
#https#://drive.google.com/file/d/1ALxy5_q9P4NPxnD3es-gqeJF7Cudnl8P/view?usp=sharing

SoapySDR has this configuration
######################################################

Soapy SDR – the SDR abstraction library

######################################################
Lib Version: v0.8.0-g4bfcbc74
API Version: v0.8.0
ABI Version: v0.8
Install root: /usr/local
Search path: /usr/local/lib/SoapySDR/modules0.8
Module found: /usr/local/lib/SoapySDR/modules0.8/libLMS7Support.so (19.01.0-025ffa1)
Available factories… lime

73, Fabio IZ0IBA

please look at our ongoing discussion of this:

Hi, i followed the reference and recompiled libusb from the source with the given solution

when attempting to use the library with LimeUtil --update there are bulk transfer errors

iMac-di-Fabio:libusb fabiocapozzi$ LimeUtil --update
Connected to [LimeSDR Mini [USB 3.0] 1D3ACA41C50D05]
libusb: error [submit_bulk_transfer] bulk transfer failed (dir = Out): unknown error (0xe00002d8) (code = 0xe00002d8)
libusb: error [submit_bulk_transfer] bulk transfer failed (dir = Out): unknown error (0xe00002d8) (code = 0xe00002d8)
libusb: error [submit_bulk_transfer] bulk transfer failed (dir = Out): unknown error (0xe0004061) (code = 0xe0004061)
Write(64 bytes) failed
Update not supported: UNKNOWN[HW=0]

No solution so far.
73, Fabio.

what version of libusb? I built from 1.0.22 source. I did see some discussion on the libusb site about a revival of some OSX bugs in the newest version. Can you try rebuilding with 1.0.22 and see if it works for you? If we can pin down a real regression in the newer version, it will be worth reporting it.

Following… running OSX and would like to build.

Hi mend, i guess that is something wrong in the git repository, Now i downloaded the tarball source from the site
www.libusb.info/download section and recompiled all. With the mod in darwin_usb.c now it works.
I still have “aborting all transaction messages” but i can restart the reception.

Before i downloaded the source with the commands
git clone https://github.com/libusb/libusb.git
git checkout master

the library generated was libusb-1.0.1.dylib that has the bulk transfer error. Sure there is something wrong in the git source.

73, Fabio IZ0IBA

Got SDRAngel running from here: https://groups.io/g/sdrangel/topic/30330525#684

The only issue I now have is no audio, but I’ll get to that later. Set up was a snap with the .dmg file from here. Running Mac OSX 10.14.x and no other additions dependancies. Hope to have audio shortly.

Hello, go to Preferences/Logging check log to file. Set debug level to “debug” and restart again strangle
you should find in the log file some information about the missing audio resource. May be sdrangel.dmg has been compiled using a dynamic library you don’t have installed in your system (probably PulseAudio)…
Check and report the log file reading.

73, Fabio IZ0IBA

@fcapozzi, thank you, I tried that and the log file is empty? I should be able to see if PulseAudio is installed - so I will go check. Would it show up in the plugins? TY