LimeSDR-USB FPGA register map

CC @andrewback

I’m trying to add some custom logic into my LimeSDR-USB and need to access a register.

Reading through the RTL I’ve seen that register 24 is spare, and I have successfully used LMS_ReadFPGAReg and LMS_WriteFPGAReg to verify R/W operation here.

My question, is there a register map in documentation where this is laid out ?

Is there a more general access method for accessing any register (in LMS7002M, FPGA, FX3 etc).

Is there any support for self clearing registers ? What about clock domains for the registers ?

Thanks Tim

@Zack Perhaps you could advise.

Hi @TimBat

Check FPGA gateware description for more information:

2 Likes

Great help thanks!

@Zack I have added a 1PPS into GPIO header, and I can read the register and see the pulse at times when lucky enough to poll it.

I’m wanting to add a hex string into the stream when 1PPS fires with a register based trigger, where would you suggest is the best place to insert such functionality into the FPGA ? I’m VHDL fluent

Hi Tim

A bit hacky:
You could hitchhike the PPS info into the packet header.

The first two documented bits (see packet structure, bits 3 and 4) are basically only TX relevant, and therefore unused for RX packets.

The downside is that thus is only streamed back at payload granularity. But with a PPS, there is plenty of room to serialize quite some information on the relative timing of pps wrt to sample count.