LimeSDR USB connecting proble..Falshing LEDs

Dear all We bought a LimeSDR USB. I started to connect and run by LimeSuiteGUI Unfortunately at the begining I got a probel in LED. two of the are ok. But the one related to FPGA is flashing red and other related to user defined is off. I tried several time several scenarios I install LimeSUite GUI in mac, I tried by USB 2 and 3. I tried by using power adaptor 6V 500 mA. But stil it has the problem. Please help me to solve this problem

@Zack Please help me :slight_smile:
We bought a LimeSDR USB. I started to connect and run by LimeSuiteGUI Unfortunately at the begining I got a probel in LED. two of the are ok. But the one related to FPGA is flashing red and other related to user defined is off. I tried several time several scenarios I install LimeSUite GUI in mac, I tried by USB 2 and 3. I tried by using power adaptor 6V 500 mA. But stil it has the problem. Please help me to solve this problem

Hi @Mohammad,

Execute LimeQuickTest and post log file here, please.

Dear @Zack many thanks for prompt reply and informative. But my problem is witch OSX on MAC.
I checked the link that you mentioned but I couldn’t find any LimeQuickTest for MAC. The last option in the link is related to create Quicktest in mack but there is no information.
Would you please let me know how can I solve this problem in OSX of MAC.

We do not support OSX at the moment.
@andrewback, any suggestion?

Ok. I didn’t know no support for OSX. I’ll try by Windows. Many thanks again.

We don’t officially support OS X, but there are people using LimeSDR with Apple computers and there wiki has some instructions for Lime Suite:

https://wiki.myriadrf.org/Lime_Suite#OSX_homebrew

@Zack and @andrewback
Actually I have a question regarding LimeSDR USB, for controlling Arduino by LimeSDR.
We have a 1*8 switch in MIMO radar that is controller by Arduino. Our problem is how to control this switching by LimesSDR. I mean we should synchronize the on and off states in switches port by Tx and Rx of LimesSDR.
I would appreciate to let me know if it is possible, so if, how?

Many thanks

Hi @Mohammad,

More details required to be able to advice on this. Maybe it is possible to get rid of Arduino altogether, while LimeSDR-USB got 8 GPIOs. In any case gateware modification will be necessary.

@Zack we are going to use switch 1*8 in monostatic brain imaging radar. It’s easy from switching side. We have a HMC321 switch and we are going to make timing between TX and RX of the LimeSDR USB and the HMC321 controlling. Here is the datasheet of the switch.

Actually for control the switch we need only 3 bits, and we think it’s impossible to directly control this switch by LimeSDR, is it correct? That’s why we are going to use Arduino to control switch and controlling Arduino by SDR . The goal is this when SDR sending a pulse in0.5-3.5 GHz one of the port of the switch well be open and the rest are off, and after receiving the signals we open the next one port and so on.

Thanks

@Zack and @andrewback would you please let me know how I can solve this issue?

To implement this functionality you have to modify FPGA gateware. LimeSDR-USB got 8 GPIOs you may use for switch control.

Another solution may be to utilize what is implemented in FPGA gateware 2.23 version already. FPGA_GPIO0 (J22, Pin 1) is used to indicate when data are being transmitted (high level indicates data transmition is active). To activate this you have to write to FPGA register 0x00C0 value 0xFFFE. Then feed this signal to Arduino and you will know when signal is being transmitted.
Hope this helps.

Many thanks for informative details. I have another question. I really appreciate your helps.
Ho can automatically record the received signals from these switching steps? Actually all the received data will be recorded as a matrix which the rows are signal from each switching step and columns are time sampling. We use these signals to reconstruct image from medium under test.
I can record when I use single antenna in Tx and RX. But how can we record all them from each antenna which are located in each port of this switch?