LIMESDR-USB broken / possible hardware issue out of the box

Hello,
I recently received my new LimeSDR-USB and started following the quicktest & setup instructions right away.

First of all, after close inspection of the board after receiving I noticed that a component may not have been placed/soldered correctly. There seems to be a loose wire (see image below) that should be soldered onto a nearby pin. All other similar components on this board have this wire soldered on.

Additionally, I ran the quicktest program on the limesdr-usb and it passes. (see images below)

Moving forward, I followed the instructions on the limesdr-usb quick start page: The instructions I followed are here: https://wiki.myriadrf.org/LimeSDR-USB_Quick_Test

Step 3: Connect to LimeSDR-USB board

I’m able to see & connect to the board without issue (see image below)

Step 3.3: Configure SXT.

Clicking “calculate” results in errors when setting the log level to “debug”. (VCO too high & tune fail)

Clicking “Tune” on the SXT tab results in more errors in the log window stating “failed to lock”.

Step 3.4: Configure CLKGEN->Calculate

Clicking on “Calculate” on the CLKGEN tab results in a “failed to lock” error message

Loopback

During the loopback test I’m able to successfully load the WCDMA waveform file without issue.

When attempting to view the data in the FFT Viewer, I do not get the bandpass in the FFT window as the tutorial shows.

Does anyone have any pointers on how I can get the setup to work?
Is the loose wire a severe issue (it seems like YES…but I’m not certain)? If the board is DOA due to this wire issue or something else, can I send it back to get fixed/replaced? I got the board from CrowdSupply so I’m not sure who to contact about replacing/fixing the unit.

Thanks in advance & I apologize if I posted this question in the wrong place!

It looks like it’s been soldered fine, but at some point possibly knocked, causing the ferrite to lift off it’s base and a wire to break.

Should think it would mean that the Tx port in question would not work.

@Zack, could you help diagnose, please.

Hi @ldartez,

This is definitely an issue. Ask Crowd Supply for replacement.