LimeSDR mini Error: SetFrequencyCGEN

Hi All,

I’m just getting started with my new limeSDR mini on windows 10 with gnu radio companion.

I thought as first test I’d just receive wifi waves and look at the FFT. However, I get the following error:

LimeSuite Source (RX) info

##################
Connecting to device
##################
Devices found: 1
##################
Device list:
Nr.:|0|device:|LimeSDR Mini, media=USB 2, module=FT601, serial=1D40EBDF95C9D1, index=0
##################
Device number 0 from the list is used.
Reference clock 40.00 MHz
##################

INFO: device_handler::set_chip_mode(): SISO mode set for device number 0.
INFO: device_handler::set_rf_freq(): RF frequency set [RX]: 2500 MHz.
SetFrequencyCGEN(2.048 MHz) - cannot deliver requested frequency
ERROR: SetFrequencyCGEN(2.048 MHz) - cannot deliver requested frequency

Done

What is this SetFrequencyCGEN error about? How can I resolve it?

I tried to change the sampling frequency but it didn’t help.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Hi, @Time2Lime

This error means that the board is unable to lock CLKGEN. I would suggest to try using USB 3.0, or adjusting oversampling settings.

Could you give me some basic info: LimeSuite version, board GW version?
What sampling rates have you tried to use?
Could post flow graph you are trying to execute?

Hi @Osvald,

Thanks for your comment.

What exactly is the CLKGEN? Clockgenerator?

Attached is a screenshot of the flow graph, and an error message about ‘xterm’ that I get everytime I execute a gnu programm for the first time after starting up gnu radio companion.

In terms of sampling rates I tried 32k,31k,16k,1k … I also tried to change freq from 2.5GHz to 105.7kHz, but always a similar error. I also tried different oversampling rates.

I’m not sure what LimeSuite, I just downloaded the most recent files and added them to the GRC folder.

I think the problem may be linked to USB 3.0. However, I did plug it into the USB 3.0 port. So I don’t know why it would only run on 2.0 even though the port supports 3.0

Try running quick test and checking whether everything is ok with hardware.

Hi @Osvald, is this https://wiki.myriadrf.org/LimeSDR-USB_Quick_Test the correct quicktest for the LimeSDR mini?

When I try to connect, it offers my device but already indicates [USB2] rather than [USB3].

And then,

Try this: https://wiki.myriadrf.org/Testing_the_LimeSDR#Testing_the_LimeSDR_Mini

I still think that the problem is related to USB connection since you are saying that you are connected to USB 3.0 port but it shows USB 2.0 connection. Try your board with another port/PC.