LimeSDR Mini aluminium case

I was wondering to buy aluminium case for limesdr-mini. Will aluminum cases be sold? Where else can I buy them?

@g0dfuzz3r ,

Doing a search on EBay, there are a number of cases for the LimeSDR and Lime Mini:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xlimesdr.TRS0&_nkw=limesdr&_sacat=0

Use that link to find the case you need and you’ll be set.

73 de Marty, KN0CK

I already searched on ebay and aliexpress, but there are no aluminum cases for limesdr mini

The aluminium case as seen on Crowd Supply is not sold separately.

There are general-purpose aluminum enclosures available in many shops. Just chose the one where LimeSDR Mini will fit and drill a few holes. As a workaround you can also use a plastic or 3D-printed case and shield it from inside using either aluminum adhesive tape or conductive varnish, e.g. containing copper. However if your SDR heats a lot this can be a problem. Finally, you can solder a case using regular FR4 boards or make an enclosure using aluminum sheets.

@g0dfuzz3r
I just pre-launched an alternative Aluminum Case for the LimeSDR-Mini(LimeSDR-USB coming soon).
Maybe you should have a look.Link on this forum,The pre-launch page.

4 Likes

On your crowd supply page you mention compatibility with the v1.1 and v1.2 LimeSDR-Mini. Is it known if this case is compatible with the v1.3? I just purchased a LimeSDR-Mini a couple weeks ago and when it arrived it is labeled as a v1.3 on the board.

Hello, given that a mini will draw ~0.3A when IDLE and can go as high as 0.45A, how confident are you that the fan power consumtion wont get in the way of the mini?