LimeSDR, GSM with omso

thanks for the reply ,

i did test the latest version of osmo-trx and latest LimeSuite and it worked.

I didn’t try it for long though, but before it gave that error.

how are you dealing with heat from LimeSDR ? since you are working for 24 Hours

Good to see it works for you and it should work. :slight_smile:
I put little fan and using usb connector to power it.

Don’t think I can use fan, I’ll invest some money in heat sink ,

Now it’s time to check the noise and improve call quality

Have you try use the LimeSuite version that I mention above?

I try call quality and perform is better than latest firmware and never get error.

when I tried that version of LimeSuite, I couldn’t build omso-trx. it said LimeSuite is missing ( i think the error also had something to do with lms)

so I built the latest version and it worked. you think I should try to rebuild that version of LimeSuite ? will that affect the existing osmo-trx ?

No need to build osmo-trx anymore, just pass it.

I run Osmocom New Splits also fine with voice now. (but dont use old phone as C117/118 for test)

will try that since I faced some call issues today when moving slightly away from the LimeSDR.

Also, what guide did you use to install Osmocom ?

Legacy or New Split?

for legacy,
Im writing this wiki while ago: https://osmocom.org/projects/cellular-infrastructure/wiki/OpenBSC_with_Asterisk

for new split,
I will update the wiki when I have time. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks
looking forward for the new Wiki

EDIT:
Wow, if this is for the “simple” legacy ( I assume nitb) I can’t imagine how the new split would be !

Who said mobile networks were simple? :smiley:

The fun thing about the new split Osmocom architecture is you start to learn about very basics of media gateways, along with Signal Transfer Points (STP) for SS7 signalling. Traditional telecoms networks are a whole other world!

What speeds do you get with GPRS and EDGE?

I have tried many different configurations but the maximum download speed is always 5-15 kbit/s (yes, bits, not bytes). The result is same for both GPRS and EDGE, 900 and 1900 bands, nitb and bsc/msc/stp/mgw/hlr, Intel i7 and Raspberry Pi 4, different phones, antennas, rx/tx power settings etc. I run all the osmocom components from separate consoles and there are no errors. Calls and text messages work fine.

Has anyone achieved 56-114 kbit/s for GPRS and 236 kbit/s for EDGE?