I regrettably kickstarted the limesdr and found when I received it that it wasn’t good for much more than receiving local FM stations. I tossed it into a drawer where it lived until last week when I decided to try to make it do something else. I did some reading and found that my desire for receiving HF might require performing the Easyfix1. The soldering aspect didn’t scare me as I’ve done a fair amount of soldering. I removed the required inductor and plugged the Lime back in. However now my LimeSDR is completely dead. It came up in Lime Suite once but reported firmware version 0. I tried reflashing it and now it does not respond to USB at all.
Let this be a warning to anyone thinking about performing this “fix”. This board is extremely delicate. Unfortunately without performing this modification it seems it isn’t much good for HF anyway.