LimeSDR C# project

On 7.38Mhz I can hear AM station, German language, 5.91Mhz Spanish station ( I only have 20m dipole under attic). I can read board temperature but no luck with GPIO read-write (Limesuite library 18.04.1 reports “NOT SUPPORTED”). So far I managed to test output only on 2m with classic radio because USB cable for LimeSDR is left behind in the cottage :frowning:
Where can I found MiniLimeSDR schematic in pdf format? Even though Mini is advertised with only one RX and TX, commands for antenna selection (Low,High and Wide) are valid and produce strange results.

73 de yt7pwr

The different ports select matching networks that are optimised for different bands.

https://wiki.myriadrf.org/LimeSDR-Mini_v1.1_hardware_description#RF_Frequency_Range

Schematics are in the hardware GitHub repo.

Thank you Andrew for the link. This is a bit confusing: page 5 schematic shows Rx1_W 700-900Mhz and for RX1_H 2-2.6GHz (RX1_L not connected)? Is it possible to see frequency response of input circuit like for LimeSDR? Do we need modification for lower frequency?

Goran

As supplied LimeSDR Mini is specified down to 10MHz and of course could be modified to optimise matching for use below this frequency.

@Zack, sounds like perhaps the schematic labelling might be incorrect?

Correct. Check this for correct data:
https://wiki.myriadrf.org/LimeSDR-Mini_v1.1_hardware_description#RF_Frequency_Range

I’m I missing something or LimeSDR Mini GPIO Read/Write is not yet supported? Maybe some additional variable for CMAKE?

Goran

Dear Goran, thank you for your work and especially for 32bit LimeSuite#.dll.
I used it to get started with LimeSDR Mini on a 32bit laptop.

I tried TX with LimeSDR-mini and got the error message: “SetFrequencySXT(99.6 MHz) - cannot deliver frequency”. This error appears when I am using a 32bit LimeSuite library (LimeSuite#.dll or ExtIO_LimeSDR_1.04.dll with same result). I have just compiled my project for 64bit, using LimeSuite.dll from Pothos package, and it works fine. RX works in all cases.
Is there some critical difference when building 32bit LimeSuite API? May it be some common problem with GPIO?

TX is not allowed outside IARU (1,2 or 3 region) boundaries. 99.6MHz is commercial broadcast 3m band. FMWide is only for RX.

Goran

Hi Goran,

I tried to run your software on my WIN10-64 Home PC with LimeSDR USB.
I got the following error messages, see here:

===================================
PLATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows : 10.0.17763.0 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.42000
System.Deployment.dll : 4.7.3190.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
clr.dll : 4.7.3416.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_B
dfdll.dll : 4.7.3190.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
dfshim.dll : 10.0.17763.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800)

SOURCES
Deployment url : file:///C:/Users/Ted/Downloads/LimeSDR–master/LimeSDR–master/bin/Release/LimeSDR%23.application

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of C:\Users\Ted\Downloads\LimeSDR–master\LimeSDR–master\bin\Release\LimeSDR#.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Exception reading manifest from file:///C:/Users/Ted/Downloads/LimeSDR–master/LimeSDR–master/bin/Release/LimeSDR%23.application: the manifest may not be valid or the file could not be opened.
+ Deployment manifest is not semantically valid.
+ Manifest identity has one or more invalid characters: LimeSDR#.application.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [2019-08-06 5:05:05 PM] : Activation of C:\Users\Ted\Downloads\LimeSDR–master\LimeSDR–master\bin\Release\LimeSDR#.application has started.

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [2019-08-06 5:05:05 PM] System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (ManifestParse)
- Exception reading manifest from file:///C:/Users/Ted/Downloads/LimeSDR–master/LimeSDR–master/bin/Release/LimeSDR%23.application: the manifest may not be valid or the file could not be opened.
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.ManifestReader.FromDocument(String localPath, ManifestType manifestType, Uri sourceUri)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestDirectBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl, Uri& deploymentUri)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivationWithRetry(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivationWithRetry(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
— Inner Exception —
System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (ManifestSemanticValidation)
- Deployment manifest is not semantically valid.
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.Manifest.AssemblyManifest.ValidateSemanticsForDeploymentRole()
at System.Deployment.Application.ManifestReader.FromDocument(String localPath, ManifestType manifestType, Uri sourceUri)
— Inner Exception —
System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (ManifestComponentSemanticValidation)
- Manifest identity has one or more invalid characters: LimeSDR#.application.
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.Manifest.AssemblyManifest.ValidateAssemblyIdentity(DefinitionIdentity identity)
at System.Deployment.Application.Manifest.AssemblyManifest.ValidateSemanticsForDeploymentRole()

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available.

sorry for the long post but I do not see the option to attach the text file to the post.

I am using my LimeSDR USB successfully in the RX/TX modes with the SDR Radiofrom Simon and the SDRAngel software but I want to try your PowerSDR version since I am using this software since the HPSDR project with Atlas boards was born…

Ted VE7VIB

How did you download/unpack/run application? Either download not complete or app pre requirement not fulfilled (.NET 4.6.1 and x86 2017 VC runtime). Can you oppen “LimeSDR# Database Editor.exe”?

I dowloaded the zipped master folder from your directory. NET 4.6.1 cannot be installed, the Windows installer reports that the later update is already installed. I checked with the registry editor, I have NET ver 4.7.03190 already installed.
I installed MS VC++x86 v14.22.27821.
I can start the PowerSDR program from LimeSDR-master/bin/Debug64 clicking on the LimeSDR#.exe.
The wisdom program would not start automatically for the first run of the PowerSDR. I tried to run wisdom program manually but no action.
The PowerSDR is running but LimeSDR is not recognized, the USB button is red, see the screenshot.

Any sugestions, please?

Go to page: https://github.com/GoranRadivojevic/LimeSDR-/releases
and download file: https://github.com/GoranRadivojevic/LimeSDR-/releases/download/v0.5/LimeSDR.0_5.beta.zip
Unzip into empty folder and run “LimeSDR# GDI+.exe” or “LimeSDR# DirectX.exe” (if you have SlimDX January 2012 installed on your PC).
64 bit version was broken if I remember correctly.

Hi Goran,
Good news,
I got PowerSDR somehow working. Not all controls respond properly.
What I did: Installed LimeSDR.0_5 .beta and run it from the LimeSDR# DirectX.exe.
The GDI+.exe file was not in the unzipped folder… I already installed SlimDX on my drive. Do I have to run any file from that program to activate SlimDX?

Is there any help file for the PowerSDR setup? Is RX0 in your ports setup the same as RX1_L in the Lime, and the same with the TX ports accordingly?

Here is my About screenshot. Does it look right with the LimeSuite library unknown?

I downloaded the binary zip file from the https://github.com/GoranRadivojevic/LimeSDR-/releases and gave them a quick check with virustotal, which basically runs files against multiple antivirus products, 22 of which seem to think that there is an issue with LimeSDR# GDI+.exe (SHA-256 26fde8e668b78d687798ce14ab0a19972c8808ac83eb09e1f43c19ff7ea015c1) that it is infected.

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/74110d12634ac383933fe3b52f5023084a1c5766c5757c8b59b87cff2ce8eaf1/detection

If it was 1 to 6 AV products I’d take it as a probable false alarm, but detected by 22 products including AVG, Kaspersky, McAfee, Avast, BitDefender and ZoneAlarm, make it look slightly less like a false alarm. You might want to check your PC for an infection.

18.03.0-unknown is LimeSuite lib version one year ago and it is correct but I’m not sure what Gateware version should be!

@yt7pwr - Goran,

If you can update it to the latest gateware version (version 21) then we’ll ALL be good…! :slight_smile:

73 de Marty, KN0CK

But question was for GitHub release version one year old.

@yt7pwr - Goran,

The latest LimeSuite is up there that works with Version 21…Not all files change for LimeSuite, just those that are relevant to a gateware change. You should be able to get the latests libs and such from MyriadRF’s Github page…

73 de Marty, KN0CK

ve7vib is downloaded GitHub bundle one year old. At that time gateware was older than today version. I’m not sure what will work and what not with old app and new gateware combination.