LimeSDR C# project

Software is uploaded few minutes ago. 2304 and 3072KS/s TX now working correctly. With 2304KS/s entire HF is covered. x86 is ok but x64 not yet completed.
Last week I tested on another Win7 machine and everything was working as expected. On Friday more tests will be performed on multiple LimeSDR device to determine is it only my test board with problem or entire batch.

73 yt7pwr

1 Like

WOO HOO !!
I am looking forward to trying it out at lunch today.

Ed

@yt7pwr - Goran,

I will give it a try later this evening when I get back to the house and let you know if there are any findings - stay tuned,

73 de Marty, KN0CK

I didnā€™t get a try today. I got half way home & realized I left the lime at work.
I am looking forward to playing with it.

THank you,
Ed

@yt7pwr - Goran,

Iā€™m in the same boat as Ed, AA7QQ, but I was tied up with errands and didnā€™t back to the house until very late last night - I will check out the latest version this evening - - Can you send the links again to the install file? - Thanks in advance for that.

73 de Marty, KN0CK

@yt7pwr - Goran,

I tried the Win32 version of LimeSDR# and Iā€™m getting the same thing as before. Will receive in V/UHF (harder to tune this time - could not easily enter frequencies like before) and when I tried shutting off the VHF stream and then selecting 40m (HF) and then turning it onā€¦Pink Waterfall, no audio. This happens until you get into 10m and 6m - - there you have receive again.

So, on a lark, I tried the Win64 version and while it seems to work in VHF (no waterfall at all and kind of studders while it operates) I was able to shut down the stream, switch to HF (again 40m) and then turned on the stream. LO AND BEHOLD THERE WAS AUDIO (I wasnā€™t able to tune to anything, but there was the sound of static - thatā€™s more than the Win32 version does)ā€¦Just no waterfall or spectra (black screen on both and not easy to tune again, too).

Win32 is not working with the latest firmware in HF - no kidding. Itā€™s still broken. I cannot tune or receive anything below 28.0 MHz without getting a pink waterfall and no audio.

Keep plugging away, Goranā€¦Iā€™m pulling for you that this will eventually all work.

73 de Marty, KN0CK

I visited company who borrowed me LimeSDR on Friday. Tested app on another LimeSDR-USB v1.4 with same result: when LMS7002 chip temperature is higher of 43C NCO algorithm stop working (IR thermometer shows chip surface temperature 50C). Same problem affects SDR console v3 software. After more analysis conclusion was that entire batch is affected with this issue.To resolve this problem one solution is forced air cooling (keep temperature bellow 42C) and another is bug in Limesuite API library (not switched correct capacitor from capacitor bank to compensate temperature change?). I hope by today email with problem description is sent to company from Lithuania (writer of Limesuite.dll) but priority for this issue is low. So far only computer that wont start correctly C# app was laptop with N3050 Celeron (USB control is working but stream not).
@martywittrock
Can you send me database.xml from app folder?

73 de Goran, yt7pwr

@yt7pwr - Goran,

I can send it as an attachment to your email - send me that via direct message here and Iā€™ll send that XML file to you.

73 de Marty, KN0CK

Send database.xml to yt7pwr{at}mts.rs

73 yt7pwr

Hi Goran,

I have started working with your program. I have a LimeSDR ver 1.4 here with the companion GPIO board. I will have an LMS8001 here by the weekend.

Like you, Iā€™m mostly interested in VHF and up, but would want 28 MHz support as that is used for transverters.

Simon Brown, author of SDRConsole is interested in supporting GPIO for the LimeSDR in his software. I am going to suggest to him to follow your GPIO setup so that both applications work the same with external switching.

Iā€™ll start testing soon and will report back.

I own several OpenHPSDR radios so am familiar with PowerSDR. Your interface is very similar, so itā€™s easy for me to navigate.

Thanks for creating this!

Mike, N1JEZ

@yt7pwr - Goran,

Done and sent last night - both Win32 and Win64 - keep me advised.

73 de Marty, KN0CK

Last two days I have no problem with overheating LimeSDR using latest Limesuite release. Temperature readout is more realistic and NCO algorithm is rock stable. Later today I will upload latest LimeSDR#.

73 de yt7pwr

1 Like

@yt7pwr - Goran,

I tried your XML file you sent and while I could get HF to operate more smoothly than what it had been before, I couldnā€™t get anything coherent with the latest LimeSDR firmware loads - - It looked A LOT like it was a couple versions back because Simon also had this issue with SDRConsole V3.0 until he updated his software to work with the latest LimeSuite release. So letā€™s hope thatā€™s what we have hereā€¦Looking forward to this release -

73 de Marty, KN0CK

Hi Goran,

Looking forward to the latest release as well. I have it working so far up to 1296. But 2304/3456 donā€™t seem to work yet.

I just received my LMS8001 Companion board as was looking at using the LimeSDR as an IF for testing around 2500 MHz but I can program the VCO in the LMS8001 up to 9.6 GHz, so I can use a lower IF.

Thanks for all the work.

Mike, N1JEZ

73 de yt7pwr

@yt7pwr - Goran,

I tried your latest Beta release you posted yesterday and Iā€™m unable to receive anything in the HF band, but I am able to receive in the VHF band above 30 MHz. I was wondering if Iā€™m not using the app rightā€¦Does LimeSDR# use the Cypress drivers (like SDRConsole does) or does it use the drivers loaded by Zadig (like SDRAngel does). I can get LimeSDR# running in HF if I use a higher sampling rate, but Iā€™m not getting anything coherent at all in the tuning - nothing changes the tuning even band to band in HF. I tried tuning 75m and then tried tuning 40m with no perceptible change in the spectra - same spurs appear in both bands and in the same position. Yet, when I close LimeSDR# and then open SDRConsole and select the HF band it works perfect. This is why Iā€™m asking the question on the underlying driver for LimeSDR# - - it either has to be the Zadig drivers, or the Cypress drivers to tune. So which is it?

Keep us all advised, Goran - 73,

de Marty, KN0CK

My app use Cypress driver. As I wrote in email, calculation for HF: Fmin = 30MHz-16*SampleRate. This is current equation but in the future may be changed if Limesuite library allows (in equation 16 is LMS7002 decimation factor, not sure is this maximum or something else is limitation). For entire HF minimum SampleRate is 1.875MS/s (pretty nasty for resampling to audio range). MME audio drivers allow wider range values (long latency) but ASIO is very strict to exact 48,96 or 192k (low latency). For top performance SDR radio with lowest latency ASIO (or WASAPI) is primary choice and this is why I use sample rates with multiplication rate of 48k which is much easier downconvert to audio range.
For tuning issue always is better to use signal generator (frequency stability is not important). This is fastest way to determine where exactly correct tuning stops.

73 de yt7pwr

Just wondering whatā€™s up with this application (LimeSDR C#)ā€¦Itā€™s been silent for nearly 20 days and I while I reported issues with the app, there hasnā€™t been any updates - just checking inā€¦Whatā€™s the latest, Goran @yt7pwrā€¦?

73 de Marty, KN0CK

Sorry for delay I was bussy with evereday job but today is a joyful day! Mini is here :slight_smile: and first byte streams are flowing from MiniLimeSDR USB to my screen (some FM broadcast station).

73 de yt7pwr

2 Likes

Goran,

Please do let me know when you have a version ready for the Lime-Mini so I can check it out. They say that you can tune the Lime Mini to as low as 7 MHz and it will still receive and transmit, but I havenā€™t confirmed that - I can this evening.

Again, let me know if you have a release ready for the Lime-Mini and Iā€™d be glad to let you know the outcome of that.

73 de Marty, KN0CK

1 Like