LimeSDR as an AMARI LTE 100 base station

Hello everyone,

I am using AMARI LTE 100 software from Amarisoft to implement a LimeSDR based eNodeB+EPC.
Is anyone else using the same setup?

I don’t know how can I view transmit and receive power of LimeSDR while AMARI LTE 100 is running on it. Is there a way to do that?

The reason why I want to do that is that I want to extend range of coverage. According to LimeSDR specifications, maximum output power is about 10 dBm depending on transmitting frequency. Therefore, I want to check that my LTE base station is transmitting at its max power so that I can achieve max range of coverage. Any suggestions?

Thank you for your time.

For transmit power you could use a spectrum analyser or a power meter. For receive you could disconnect the antenna from the LimeSDR Rx port and measure the level with a spectrum analyser.

In general you would extend the range using a power amplifier (PA) for downlink / LimeSDR transmit, plus a duplexer, which would allow you to use a single antenna and act as a filter. Not sure you’d benefit from adding an LNA in the uplink / receive path. Filtering should certainly improve receive sensitivity, as it would help to block unwanted signals. Similarly, if you’re using a power amplifier you’d really want filtering in the transmit path also.

Thank you very much for your reply!

Since I am really an absolute beginner (electrical engineering student) what exactly should I look out for in regards to PA specifications for transmitting at LTE frequencies? I have read that PA should be as linear as possible so that it doesn’t distort signal.

Do you have in mind any specific products?

Thanks in advance.