LimeNet-Micro - boot issue

Hi There,

I started to play with LimeNet-Micro last weekend after receiving the gps antenna three weeks ago. I am stuck at " 1.2 Flashing eMMC or uSD card". Jumper J14 is on and power is from usb giving 2.1 Amps. I am suspecting an issue @ FPGA. The board leds are: Led1 and Led6 solid green. Led 5 solid red and Led 3 changing to green/red. No video, no network activity. I pushed SB1 without any visible change.
I wonder if there is any troubleshooting guideline based on the leds status.

Thank you in advance,

Claudio

Could you be more specific on this, please. What step you are failing at?

FPGA and failing to flash eMMC or uSD card is nothing to do with FPGA.

Hi Zack,

Thank you for your quick reply. I just placed the SD with the latest image created by Etcher, power on and the leds light as described. I not even see anything in the video not even start the flashing process at all. Pressed SB1, nothing happened which drives to suspect in the FPGA booting routine is failing or something.

Claudio

Hi @ClaudeMT,

RPi Compute Module shipped with LimeNet-Micro got it’s own flash memory on board. Hence you have to program eMMC memory. SD card is overridden by eMMC on-board memory in this case and this is why RPi doesn’t boot. You have to follow steps in https://wiki.myriadrf.org/Getting_Started_with_the_LimeNET-Micro#Flashing_eMMC_or_uSD_card precisely.

Thank you Zack for your response. My bad, I incorrectly assume that this is like the LimeSDR. Now I am trying to install ubuntu…

Thanks, Claudio

Hi @ClaudeMT,

You can use LimeNet-Micro board as LimeSDR too. See https://wiki.myriadrf.org/Connecting_LimeNET-Micro_v2.1_to_USB_Host for more information. In this case you can connect the board to your PC for instance. Note please that data throughput will be less than LimeSDR-USB or LimeSDR-Mini due to USB2 communication.

Thank you, Zack, for your suggestion, but yes I will be penalized by the difference in performance between USB v2 vs v3 -if this is the case, I guess a LimeSDR is a better option. I was finally able to install Raspberian without a problem, but no luck with Ubuntu Core distro. The Ubuntu Core v18.04 (ubuntu-core-18-armhf+cm3.img) and Ubuntu server 19.04 (ubuntu-19.04-preinstalled-server-arm64+raspi3) both boot well in a Raspberry dev kit but not in the LimeNet micro board. Also in the dev kit I purchased, I have a cm3+ lite, so I tried as well with an sd card instead of the onboard storage obtaining same results. In the dev kit, the distro boots without a problem, but no luck at the LimeNet board, so something is missing. I wonder if there is a specific image for running Ubuntu distro under LimNet micro board? If yes, could you please share the link to download it?

I suspect there may be some device tree changes needed. Can’t think of any other reason why a distribution made for CM3 would boot with its dev kit, but not on LimeNET Micro.