In stall with out internet -- Ubuntu

Is there anyways to install LimeSuite without internet?

I have a desktop that now has a Quad core and USB3.0 … but no internet … i thought it already had LimSuite installed but i was mistaken …

I have a laptop that i can go “to” where the internet is available at the public library …

Ubuntu 16 is desktop and 1804 is the Laptop …

@Kc7noa - Mike,

So much of what’s packaged in PPAs and Github is pulled from the I-Bahn that it’s really unlikely that there’s a ‘prefab’ package for the LimeSDR for 18.04. While back I made a Virtual Machine for VMWare from a Ubuntu 16.10 install and put together all the necessary files to make LimeSuite and other apps work with it that I’m more than tempted now to do that again for Ubuntu 18.04 (if that’s the LTS version) such that no one would require all the PPAs and Github pulls - just access the VM. Similarly, I think an .ISO image can be created of an install such that it’s a ‘burn, deploy, and play’ version for the LimeSDR, too.

I have a long weekend coming up - let me work that…It’s been far too long since the last time I put stuff together like this and I really need to…Stay tuned…

73 de Marty, KN0CK

My updated hardware is running 16.04 … do you have a image for download some where?

@Kc7noa - Mike,

I do, but it’s based on LimeSDR V1.2 hardware (circa late 2016) which won’t help much with the 1.4’s that we all use now. Over the weekend I’ll put together an Ubuntu 18.04 load with all the LimeSDR dependencies along with LimeSuite and SDRAngel…Maybe GQRX (if it will work - there’s been issues with that lately). I’ll let you know when I have that done - stay tuned…

73 de Marty, KN0CK

I installed gqrx with synaptic … works but i cant use apt-get build-dep gqrx-sdr to get all the dependencies for me …

@Kc7noa - Mike,

I’m not sure if @csete has updated the PPAs for Ubuntu 18.04 or not or if there’s been any updates on that for awhile or if there are Lime dependencies in play for GQRX. I do know that SDRAngel works like a champ on Windows with the latest release and if it works for Windows it has to work for Linux, too. So you might want to try SDRAngel and see how it plays on your 18.04 setup. I’ll be working on this over the weekend, too, to make an .iso install that works on 18.04 with 'Angel with Lime dependencies.

73 de Marty, KN0CK