How To Transmit?

This does not feel so much like engineering. I do all kinds of engineering every day for fun and even usually profit. This feels more like wandering around with a blindfold on and a stick in my hand. I KNOW there is a pinata around here somewhere, whack swipe whack… | ^ ) _/

Hmm, so I started to try recreating working-nbfm-transceiver-on-gnu-radio/1222 example from the GRC block diagram in Pothos GUI instead. …There are no modulators of any kind that exist yet in Pothos GUI that I can find. …and no defined path on how to begin to possibly create one from any math functions that I can find either. OK, so the original question remains and a new question emerges - How does GRC GNU Radio Companion software possibly connect to the LimeSDR board hardware?

Is the only answer to build a version of GRC from source with Lime SDR libraries included?

LimeSDR setup with GnuRadio - is without any answer.
I am in the same condition as KC7NOA “gr-osmosdr seems to not be showing soapy as a sink … is there a way to test gr-osmosdr? SoapySDRUtil --probe=lime Outputs a bunch of stuff so i figure thats ok … and i can connect to the Limesdr-usb and get the gateware version and such with LimeSuite”

https://osmocom.org/projects/sdr/wiki/GrOsmoSDR does not mention Soapy, LimeSDR, or LMS7 Still wandering around in the dark so far…

Is there anything better yet in the Windows OS world? …or shall I just remain patient here in Linux and/or start compiling stuff myself?

1 Like