Help with "Hello, World!"

Hi, I’ve been trying to get up and running with limesdr on Ubuntu 16.04. I believe I have all the software installed correctly, but I’ve been unable to demodulate an FM broadcast with gqrx. I’ve tried all of the recommended input samplerates…1.25,2.5,5, and 10 Msps and am using 10MHz bandwidth. I can see the input change when I touch the antenna connected to the LNAL input. I should be able to receive 97.1 in the metro nyc area…not a problem with rtlsdr.

I’ve tried RX calibration in limesuite for the LNAL path. FWIW, I’m using USB3. I’ve also updated the respective firmwares. Can anyone think of a reason why I’m not receiving a broadcast?

Thanks much

Hi Peter,

I started out using the LNAL port, too, but soon found that the LNAH port worked better for some reason on the FM band. Just from what I can see on your setup in GQRX, everything looks right. I would strongly suggest you use the LNAH port and make sure you’re on the first set of ports since GQRX (for now) isn’t capable of looking at the second set of ports (that I’m aware of - all that is in the list is one set defaulting to the first set of ports on the board). Also, ensure you’re using a good antenna, too - I’m banking on it that you are. Also, I know that you mentioned that you’re using various sample rates, but I found 1.5Mbps worked well for the FM band - so make sure you are loading it (even though the form seems to disregard it everytime I’ve ever checked on it again).

Try those suggestions and let us know if that works (or doesn’t).

73 de Marty, KN0CK

Thanks, Marty. I’ll give the LNAH port a shot with an antenna better suited. I meant to update this to say that I had actually made a little progress connecting some wire to the stock antenna. I could hear a very faint broadcast…the SNR was not great.

Thanks for the samplerate suggestion…I also noticed that it reverts to 0 Msps whenever you open the source configuration dialog.