Firmware showing version 0 across the board, won't update

Hi all,

Both of my boards arrived today and after installing the drivers which went fine and the board showing up in the system in both Ubuntu 16 LTS and Win7 when I run LimeSuiteGUI it tells me that all my firmware is at 0.
After trying several of the methods on the site I am still unable to upload any firmware to the devices.
Any ideas?

C:\Users\bubba\Documents\LimeSDR FW images\FPGA>LimeUtil --find

• [USB 3.0 (LimeSDR-USB), media=USB, module=STREAM, serial=0009060B00471638, i
    ndex=0]

C:\Users\bubba\Documents\LimeSDR FW images\FPGA>SoapySDRUtil --probe=“driver=lim
e”
######################################################

Soapy SDR – the SDR abstraction library

######################################################

Probe device driver=lime
Win32; Microsoft Visual C++ version 14.0; Boost_106300; UHD_003.010.001.001-0-gc
705922a

[INFO] Make connection: ‘USB 3.0 (LimeSDR-USB) [USB] 9060B00471638’

########################################################

!!! Warning: gateware version mismatch !!!

Expected gateware version 2, revision 6

But found version 0, revision 0

Follow the FW and FPGA upgrade instructions:

http://wiki.myriadrf.org/Lime_Suite#Flashing_images

Or run update on the command line: LimeUtil --update

########################################################

[INFO] Device name: UNKNOWN
[INFO] Reference: 30.72 MHz
[INFO] Init LMS7002M(0)
LMS7002M values cache at /.limesuite/LMS7002M_cache_values.db
[INFO] Ver=0, Rev=0, Mask=0
Error probing device: ResetChip() failed

I’ll stick with fixing Win7 for now, my Ubuntu installation is having problems of it’s own so I don’t trust it.
LimeUtil --update fails and causes the board to hang the port for a while and trying to use LimeSuiteGUI either fails or seg faults.

Didnt have any problem updating it in win10 and Ubuntu 16.04 lts but for some reason i cant get “ini” load and pretty much have no idea for the fast 3 days.

Different issue I do believe, my boards don’t have firmware.

Tried updating in win first then in ubuntu thats what i did first.

Ah! Nope. Already tried that.
No love.

Thats sucks but keep trying.

Interesting, never mind.
Sorted.
IT is the USB 3 adapter that is failing me.
Moving the data line over to the USB2 connection gives me firmware.
Ain’t computers fun?

Just ran all the tests, I am extremely happy.
Great job Lime.

Phew, glad to hear! I initially experienced issues with an older Thinkpad which must have a pretty early USB 3.0 chipset. Spent quite a lot of time rebuilding stuff and getting frustrated, then the problem completely went away when I switched to a newer machine.

Yeah, this is an older Dell D830 with an Asmedia controller.
I am thinking it is the controller drivers as I’ve seen screen shots of other people having similar issues with the same card listed in the USB Controllers sections of their DM screenshots.
Power wasn’t the problem as it is getting powered up by my USB 3.0 hub but won’t get a proper connection though the 3.0 port and when that is moved over to the 2.0 port it works fine,
Need to look over where it is choking on the card driver and I’ll post back what I find.

Sometimes the linux drivers will work where the vendor’s drivers do not. Can do a search in the linux/drivers/usb source for your chip set. These quirks are reported and sometimes get fixed. But sometimes not.

The Linux drivers are the native drivers, didn’t have an installer for Linux from the vendor that I found.
The Windows drivers are a problem as well, those are the vendors. I think I’ll remove them and let Windows see if it can find better ones.