Device Info assciated with antennas

Hello,

my system being composed of 2 usb limesdr cards, I would like to be able to identify in the list the cards with a well-defined name: NameCardOne and NameCardTwo for example.
How can I associate my card in a specific way with these names?
So that I am sure to associate my samples with my antennas.

Is there a procedure for writing this information to a flash or ROM which will be read on power up?

Best regards

David

Hello @auvray,

Each board has a unique serial number that can be read using C API.

Below a program example:

#include <stdlib.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <lime/LimeSuite.h>

int main ()
{
    const size_t devCountMax = 8;
    lms_info_str_t list[devCountMax];
    const int devCount = LMS_GetDeviceList(list);
    if (devCount < 0) {
        printf("Unable to get a number of connected devices.\n");
        return EXIT_FAILURE;
    }

if (devCount < 1) {
        printf("No connected devices.\n");
        return EXIT_FAILURE;
    }

printf("Connected devices:\n");
    for (int i = 0; i < devCount; ++i) {
        printf(" - %s\n", list[i]);
    }

return EXIT_SUCCESS;
}

Example of a build script:

CFLAGS = $(shell pkg-config --cflags LimeSuite) -std=c11 -O2 -Wall -Wextra
LIBS   = $(shell pkg-config --libs LimeSuite)

%.o: %.c
	$(CC) $(CFLAGS) -c $< -o $@

main: main.o
	$(CC) -o $@ $^ $(LIBS)

clean:
	$(RM) -f *.o
	$(RM) -f main

Output example:

$ ./main 
connected devices:
 - LimeSDR-USB, media=USB 3.0, module=FX3, addr=1d50:6108, serial=0009081C05C32F34
2 Likes

Dear Glutton

thank you for your reply,

I have an acquisition system with 4 limesdr cards, and I would like to permanently associate an identification number in my software so that I can duplicate this system. In fact I must be sure that the card connected to my antenna number one is correctly identified, the same for the others. Otherwise do you have an idea?

Thank you in advance.

David

Hello @auvray,

I would like to permanently associate an identification number in my software so that I can duplicate this system

do you have an idea?

I’m not sure that I completely understand your intention. In my opinion, there is not a “zero cost” solution and you have only two options:

1. Hardcode board numbers in your software but update the firmware in LimeSDR boards for each system clone.
  2. Don’t modify LimeSDR boards but manually configure your software (via sources or config files) for each system clone.

Since you must modify either board or program I would prefer the second option that allows using LimeSDR boards out of box and provides a flexible way to set up the system.