Debian packages: firmware download fails

Hello everyone,

I’m new to LimeSDR, but I’ve been working on a CI job that tests installing Osmocom packages in Debian. So this is not directly related, but today I’ve noticed that installing the limesuite-images17.09 package is failing to download the firmware files in the post installation step. This has been working yesterday though. Could someone look into why files can’t be downloaded from that server anymore?

Thanks!

--2018-09-19 09:01:43--  (try:20)  http://downloads.myriadrf.org/project/limesuite/17.09/LimeSDR-USB_HW_1.4_r2.10.rbf
Connecting to downloads.myriadrf.org (downloads.myriadrf.org)|213.138.113.29|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 564071 (551K)
Saving to: '/tmp/tmp.h1wcvsvgFI/LimeSDR-USB_HW_1.4_r2.10.rbf'

LimeSDR-U   0%[                    ]       0  --.-KB/s               
LimeSDR-USB_HW_1.4_   0%[                    ]       0  --.-KB/s    in 0s      

2018-09-19 09:01:43 (0.00 B/s) - Connection closed at byte 0. Giving up.

FINISHED --2018-09-19 09:01:43--
Total wall clock time: 17m 33s
Downloaded: 6 files, 195K in 1.1s (172 KB/s)
dpkg: error processing package limesuite-images17.09:amd64 (--configure):
 subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 4

please note it is intentional we are building old releases (well, 1709 is just only one year ago, hardly “old”) as part of a process of testing various different old and new releases of LimeSuite against various versions of OsmoTRX.

One can further argue that the download should happen at packaging time, i.e. the debian package should bring everything needed already included. But that’s a different/separate question and still doesn’t explain why the files have been removed only one year after publication.

I wasn’t aware that we had gone and removed files.

@Zack, can you confirm if this is the case?

EDIT: there were server issues. @osmith, @LaF0rge, can you try again, please.

I just ran the CI job again, and the download is working as expected again. Temporary network problems I guess (lasting multiple hours, but still)?

…so I think this can be closed.

VM hosting downloads.myriadrf.org was having issues.