Building the Driver Issue

Hello,

I just recieved the Novena-RF, and in trying to build it, I get this error:

[ 4%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/NovenaRF.dir/home/chris/SDR/Novena-RF/lms-suite/lms-suite/src/src/ConnectionSPI.cpp.o
In file included from /home/chris/SDR/Novena-RF/lms-suite/lms-suite/src/src/ConnectionSPI.cpp:26:0:
/usr/include/linux/i2c-dev.h:37:8: error: redefinition of ‘struct i2c_msg’
struct i2c_msg {
^
In file included from /home/chris/SDR/Novena-RF/lms-suite/lms-suite/src/src/ConnectionSPI.cpp:25:0:
/usr/include/linux/i2c.h:68:8: error: previous definition of ‘struct i2c_msg’
struct i2c_msg {
^
In file included from /home/chris/SDR/Novena-RF/lms-suite/lms-suite/src/src/ConnectionSPI.cpp:26:0:
/usr/include/linux/i2c-dev.h:89:7: error: redefinition of ‘union i2c_smbus_data’
union i2c_smbus_data {
^
In file included from /home/chris/SDR/Novena-RF/lms-suite/lms-suite/src/src/ConnectionSPI.cpp:25:0:
/usr/include/linux/i2c.h:128:7: error: previous definition of ‘union i2c_smbus_data’
union i2c_smbus_data {
^
CMakeFiles/NovenaRF.dir/build.make:261: recipe for target ‘CMakeFiles/NovenaRF.dir/home/chris/SDR/Novena-RF/lms-suite/lms-suite/src/src/ConnectionSPI.cpp.o’ failed
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/NovenaRF.dir/home/chris/SDR/Novena-RF/lms-suite/lms-suite/src/src/ConnectionSPI.cpp.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:60: recipe for target ‘CMakeFiles/NovenaRF.dir/all’ failed
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/NovenaRF.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:127: recipe for target ‘all’ failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

I am not sure what to do to fix this, any thoughts/help?

Thank you!

I should add that I was following the instructions at:

https://myriadrf.org/blog/installing-the-novena-rf-driver-and-gnu-radio/

and was on the step of “make” on the Novena-RF driver.

Nevermind, I found the issue.
If some poor soul finds this, you need to remove libi2c-dev

Sorry for the confusion, that’s a rather annoying kernel/packaging mismatch I believe. FWIW, this subtle instruction has been added to the driver README