Building from source Ubuntu 16.04

Does this mean that im still missing some parts …
Or that its caused because i dont have a LimeSDR yet …

– ######################################################
– ## LimeSuite disabled features
– ######################################################

• ConnectionEVB7COM , EVB+COM Connection support
  • ConnectionSTREAM_UNITE , STREAM+UNITE Connection support
  • ConnectionNovenaRF7 , NovenaRF7 Connection support
  • LimeSuiteUtilities , Additional utility programs for testing
  • LimeSuiteTests , Download gtest and build test application

Im wondering why the last 2 are disabled …

Any Lime Suite components not built will be due to missing dependencies.

im not sure whats needed for

• LimeSuiteUtilities , Additional utility programs for testing
  • LimeSuiteTests , Download gtest and build test application

@Kc7noa

Since we already have packages for Ubuntu, you can use the existing recipe to get the build dependencies. See the debian/control file in the repository and look for “Build-Depends:” entries,

Or, if you already have the PPA added to your repositories, you can install the build dependencies using:

sudo apt-get build-dep limesuite

1 Like

Didnt add hte PPA … i didint want to mix git and PPA …
sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:myriadrf/drivers

oh sure …

kc7noaodroid@odroid:~/Downloads/LimeSuite/builer$ sudo apt-get build-dep limesuite
Reading package lists… Done
E: Unable to find a source package for limesuite
kc7noaodroid@odroid:~/Downloads/LimeSuite/builer$

Oh it looks like you are using an odroid and the PPA may not be available for ARM. Then you just have to take the dependencies from the control file and install them manually.

You are not missing anything .These two are disabled by default and there is no need to build them,

Ok … then moving on …

When building form git …
These were missing form the vanilla Ubuntu 16 (from HK for the Odroid-X2) fully updated
sudo apt-get install libwxgtk3.0-dev freeglut3-dev libi2c-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev git cmake libsqlite3-dev python2.8 gnuplot

I think that was it … not sure.

Uhhh oh, This did build on my X2 ( i think all from Git – but i could be wrong)

[ 87%] Building CXX object src/CMakeFiles/LimeSuiteGUI.dir/boards_wxgui/pnlLimeSDR.cpp.o
[ 87%] Linking CXX executable …/bin/LimeSuiteGUI
libLimeSuite.so.17.02.0: undefined reference to libusb_control_transfer' libLimeSuite.so.17.02.0: undefined reference tolibusb_get_device_descriptor’
libLimeSuite.so.17.02.0: undefined reference to libusb_strerror' libLimeSuite.so.17.02.0: undefined reference tolibusb_set_debug’
libLimeSuite.so.17.02.0: undefined reference to libusb_handle_events_timeout_completed' libLimeSuite.so.17.02.0: undefined reference tolibusb_open_device_with_vid_pid’
libLimeSuite.so.17.02.0: undefined reference to libusb_submit_transfer' libLimeSuite.so.17.02.0: undefined reference tolibusb_close’
libLimeSuite.so.17.02.0: undefined reference to libusb_init' libLimeSuite.so.17.02.0: undefined reference tolibusb_free_transfer’
libLimeSuite.so.17.02.0: undefined reference to libusb_detach_kernel_driver' libLimeSuite.so.17.02.0: undefined reference tolibusb_open’
libLimeSuite.so.17.02.0: undefined reference to libusb_get_device_speed' libLimeSuite.so.17.02.0: undefined reference tolibusb_cancel_transfer’
libLimeSuite.so.17.02.0: undefined reference to libusb_release_interface' libLimeSuite.so.17.02.0: undefined reference tolibusb_get_device_list’
libLimeSuite.so.17.02.0: undefined reference to libusb_exit' libLimeSuite.so.17.02.0: undefined reference tolibusb_get_string_descriptor_ascii’
libLimeSuite.so.17.02.0: undefined reference to libusb_get_device' libLimeSuite.so.17.02.0: undefined reference tolibusb_kernel_driver_active’
libLimeSuite.so.17.02.0: undefined reference to libusb_get_active_config_descriptor' libLimeSuite.so.17.02.0: undefined reference tolibusb_bulk_transfer’
libLimeSuite.so.17.02.0: undefined reference to libusb_alloc_transfer' libLimeSuite.so.17.02.0: undefined reference tolibusb_free_device_list’
libLimeSuite.so.17.02.0: undefined reference to libusb_error_name' libLimeSuite.so.17.02.0: undefined reference tolibusb_reset_device’
libLimeSuite.so.17.02.0: undefined reference to libusb_claim_interface' libLimeSuite.so.17.02.0: undefined reference tolibusb_free_config_descriptor’
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
src/CMakeFiles/LimeSuiteGUI.dir/build.make:1528: recipe for target ‘bin/LimeSuiteGUI’ failed
make[2]: *** [bin/LimeSuiteGUI] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:172: recipe for target ‘src/CMakeFiles/LimeSuiteGUI.dir/all’ failed
make[1]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/LimeSuiteGUI.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:127: recipe for target ‘all’ failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

We ll, on my 32Bit Odroid-X2 its alive …
kc7noaodroid@odroid:~/Downloads/LimeSuite/build$ sudo SoapySDRUtil --find=“driver=lime”
[sudo] password for kc7noaodroid:
######################################################

Soapy SDR – the SDR abstraction library

######################################################

Found device 0
addr = 1d50:6108
driver = lime
label = LimeSDR-USB [USB 2.0] 9060B00473825
media = USB 2.0
module = STREAM
name = LimeSDR-USB
serial = 0009060B00473825

though i cant use the X2 with LimeSDR – its HDMI is blown out and i use a USB video device. The Video and LimeSDR take WAY too much USB bandwidth …