Attaching heatsinks to LMS7002 & FPGA

I’m in the process of packaging my LimeSDR. Current plan is to mount the 40mm tested fan in a 5"x7"x2" aluminum enclosure with a baffle down the center of the 5" dimension to circulate air in oval race track style with heatsinks on the chips, the interior of the case and on the exterior. The general idea borrowed from another case design posted here.

Goals are keep the temperature low and provide good shielding.

There are a lot of offerings of silicone heatsink adhesive on eBay. Can anyone comment on which are good? Or should I just steer clear of eBay for the adhesive?

I plan to use grease and screws for the inside and outside case heatsinks.

Hello,
Much were discused about that in this thread.

Regards,
Lucas.

Thanks. Very helpful.

Has anyone measured the RF noise from the recommended fans?

BTW Is there a search facility somewhere? I looked but could not find a way to search old posts.

Well, just in the top - right corner, next to your profile picture there is a magnifying glass icon.

I don’t have a profile picture, here or anywhere else. Nor do I wish to have one.

I certainly see a magnifying glass search icon lots of places. Usually accompanied by a text entry box. This is not one of them. [24] is not something I’d expect to be a search widget.

What I do see in general is lots of hieroglyphics in the form of boxes with really tiny print letters. For example, there are 13 such hieroglyphics above this text entry box.

Looks like you are using an old version of firefox, update it.

Recommended extension (I’m using it too…):