4G (LTE) Home Repeater With LimeSDR

I don’t know about the efficiency of it but I get a better signal on the tracking generator.
Yes something will have to be done to cut down the input signal from the outging device. Gain settings will likely not be enough.

1 Like

I replaced a misbehaving cable and did some further experimenting. I found that changing the decimation improved a lot of things. Flatness of response improved as did rejection of spurs. Signal distortion was reduced. The filters seem to have sharper response too. But the bandwidth gets narrowed. I have clean repeating of a 1KHz tone with 20KHz deviation at -95dBw. Gain is about 40db. Band 13 is only 10MHz wide. I don’t know how this INI will work with some of the really wide bands, even with adjusting.

this is block diagram of my assignment .

I tested my Band13 ini for receiving. It took my phone from 3G 1bar to 4G 2bars but did not connect. I think it could see the base so it gave me a readout but could not get a response back so it gave up and fell back to 3G. The FFT viewer showed me a low level signal that would distort with feedback if I tried to turn the gain up.
This is about what I expected. I think it may work. Next I will feed the UL Tx into a SpecAn and monitor it while the phone is trying connect and see if it sends a clean signal. I wish I could see a waterfall of the Tx channels in real time.

Nice one - you got a result! I use a second cheapo SDR running on another PC to monitor base station Tx with waterfall.

Here’s my Arduino controlled LimeSDR Rig ready to do some serious work:

Needs a few more flashing LEDs I think?

2 Likes

Nice. I am using the plastic standoffs still because I don’t like the proximity of some components to the holes.
I want voltage controlled amplifiers for the external gain stages. I see you have some nice sliders for that. Remind us of the link to that backplane. I know it’s in discourse somewhere.

https://www.freewebstore.org/goat-industries/Manual_SMT_4_Axis_Pick_and_Place_Circuit_Board/p3700875_17362479.aspx

It says it is for pick and place but it was designed to be used for two different purposes so it works for LymeSDR are as well.