LimeSDR Mini broken?

Hello @andrewback, @Shauneh
I guess you could start reading that thread from this msg: Problems with LimeSDR mini - #118 by mariocannistra

I’m not an expert but I think that I was able to program because the 9 Euro clone that I’ve used was using a micro (STM32…) and was able to find and use a suitable device driver in the Altera forums.

copying some lines from that thread:

I initially had blue screens or Quartus Programmer crashing due to issues with USB Blaster device driver. I was using the one supplied with Quartus standalone programmer but there seems to be some incompatibility with 64bit Windows and/or signatures.

I found another driver in this post on Altera forum: http://www.alteraforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=192335 (scroll to message #5 ).

I uninstalled and removed previous driver and installed this one after disabling the windows signature enforcement. Not a best practice but no virus was detected in the downloaded zip file.

Please note that this new driver is FTDI related. I guess the clones emulate FTDI chips using the STM32 micro programmed for this…

Please read all that thread because there are several details about pins layout, how to connect + which files to use with Quartus + how to run the programmer…

I know that feeling when cabling, rechecking and then hitting the button :slight_smile: Good luck and let’s hope you solve it this way.

mario