The trick I’ve found with having settings ‘hold’ is to perform them twice - create once, but save them twice using the orange disk icons. As well, here’s are the typical settings for receive in HF:
It’s a different interface layout and control selection to be sure. At the very beginning I was hitting the wall A LOT with the sampling rate and other settings, but as I’ve become more accustomed to it the interface seems to provide the user with a lot more power over controls than that of author-customized receive/transmit controls. With what Edouard has provided, you have A LOT more flexibility to tune the radio much more accurately than if there were simple USB/LSB buttons. The slider adjustment allows you to put that voice intelligence anywhere between the lower and upper sidebands - something you can’t do with a FlexRadio or other SDRs. Same goes for receive. You have A LOT more control over things than if it was all ‘prefab’ for you. Once you get the hang of it, then it’s pretty easy to set it up and use. I have also found that doing presets for HF, VHF, and UHF can help you a lot from having to remember what sample rate you use, or what interpolation you use for what band, etc. Again, just hit them twice after you create them and they should ‘stick’.
Also, I have found instances that SDRAngel can make your LimeSDR look kind of ‘dead’ (like some settings got scrambled or lost). It happened to me a couple of times tonight. I’ve found that clicking on the arrow button to start the receiver, clicking on it again to stop it, and then clicking again to start it will often fix that (what looks like) ‘the dead LimeSDR’ look in the spectra and waterfall. I have also, sometimes, fallen back to HDSDR or SDRConsole to get things running again - Never think that your Lime has bit the dust if it happens. It appears like it’s a bad setting got placed into the LimeSDR and it just needs a kickstart to make it right.
Any new software program will require debugging and such. Edouard has a link on his webpage and that ‘Issues’ page is located here -------> https://github.com/f4exb/sdrangel/issues
I just logged an issue I described here with the ‘double-hit’ to get the receiver to start correctly.
Anyway, if there are any other issues with SDRAngel feel free to report them here and I (and many others like Lance) will try to help you through it.
Have fun - 73 de Marty, KN0CK