OpenBTS 1st test

If you installed from packages you will need the liblimesuite-dev, let us know if installed from packages or source, what OS, etc.

I am on ubuntu 16.04
I build from packages.
I think it’s because of the version of limesuite (17.09.0) ?
I will do the test with the latest version.

It is ok with the last version and liblimesuite-dev
Thank you

Are you solved the problem?
Otherwise, yes, you just need to install LimeSuite from source. Then you have all necessary libraries.

Yes I fixed the problem
I install from the sources,
then sudo apt-get install liblimesuite-dev

but I can not do it with version 17.09.0.

With last version work without sudo apt-get install liblimesuite-dev

Is it possible to have what is the version of osmo-trx that you use?

Are you guys using 16.04, or 18.04 18.10 lts? I tried compling osmo trx with lms and it won’t compile because of the Ubuntu version is 16.04.

I will write an article on how to set up LimeSDR with OpenBTS. I have done this project many times. Any one could help me out where to post it?

2 Likes

would you like to post the article like website or like international journal , it something different?

Can you run gprs?

Gprs has to do with making a couple of changes. I will have to write the article. I have made it work with phone calls and sms between phones and from bts (dl) to phone (ul).

I can also successfully run SMS and voice, but I can’t run GPRS. I have not tested how long OpenBTS built by Limesdr can run stably. It is estimated to be only about 20 minutes.

The osmocom stack runs gprs and mine has been up for months, but I do not see an obvious way to route phone calls to the outside work - some secret sauce I cannot find instructions for.

OpenBTS I can setup with asterisk to call anywhere thru a sip gateway.

I have ran mine for 2 hours straight

I can help u with this if you needs any help.

Yes please let me know if you can direct me to where I can write an article.