LimeSDR mini order

For me, the shipping dates have been frustrating. I placed an order for the mini back in mid-April. Estimated ship date went from may 5th, to May 17th, then I see its now jumped months ahead to July 17th! I think I’m going to cancel and get the MoRFeus offered by the Outernet folks ( its in stock now ). As an outside observer, its hard to understand how estimated ship dates for individual units could be so unpredictable.

Regardless, I’ve really grown to love my LimeSDR. I’m an OSX user but I also use Ubuntu in VMWare Fusion. My interests are mainly in cellular, satellite, lora, 802.11, etc. Its been frustrating/challenging at times, but the overall experience has been great and the worst problems have been fixed.

I hope they are not ignoring their user base. And as you stated is great to know they didn’t do so with the big one. However this thread has gotten a bit of attention and for 3 days there has been no word from the developers. Hopefully they are working on solutions or on addressing the user base.

Yeah, replying to myself, but I thought I’d add that my original order confirmation was dated 9/15/17 and they shipped 5/7/17, though I think some of the delay was self-inflicted by ‘upgrading’ to the aluminium case.

It should be noted that today’s update from Crowd Supply mentions a three month warranty (what kind of months, they do not say). Reading between the lines, it would seem they’ve had a few infant mortalities “after some high temperature fluctuations cause a faulty solder joint to crack”.

I’ve sent my problems on to them and have also raised a couple of issues against LimeSuite on github. (Building LimeSuite throws hundreds of warnings, one of which looks to be real.)

And this is just sad. Days and not a single response to this thread by the developers. A blanket statement on the CS update site with a pretty much you are SOL. Because it’s either you are past you 3 months or you mishandled it.

pisstaco,

Actually, after using the contact page on Crowd Supply and raising my issue about 20 MHz sample rate not working, they did get back to me by email in a very reasonable timeframe given the timezone difference. Investigating the problem is ongoing.

FWIW, they recommended testing preferably with LimeSuiteGUI and HDSDR (on Windows) since they supply and have control of the interface DLL for HDSDR. I can reproduce the problem with 20MHz sample rate on HDSDR and on LimeSuite GUI (by setting CLKGEN to 160 MHz), so hopefully we can find a resolution.

Yes, it would be nice if they were more active here and in response to issues and pull requests on github… but let’s give them a chance. I’ll keep this thread updated on my particular problems as the whether it turns out to be a hardware or software problem (and that might even include my environment, though it seems unlikely given the problem occurs on two very different machines/OSs).

Update: My ‘mini’ has been determined to be unhealthy by Lime and will be sent back for exchange.

I said this last year when everyone was whinging about the first run being late and not being able to plug and play it when it did arrive, as no on seems to remember I’ll say it again:

The LimeSDR and the Mini are DEVELOPMENT hardware.
IF you pay attention to who the documentation and spec sheets are aimed at as well as the stock filter curves you would know this was aimed at CELL PHONE DEVELOPERS, LTE DEVELOPERS and IoT DEVELOPERS.
That it can do Ham and SW is just an added bonus and one that has required modifications and a lot of work from the people who bought the original runs, NOT Myriad, US, though Myriads people were awesome enough to jump in and provide solutions and pointers where they could even though they didn’t have to.
They are just parts, not the whole radio. In analogue radio terms you are buying a high end FET mixer with a couple of oscillators.If you didn’t understand that analogy you are on the wrong site buying the wrong toy.
If you wanted off the shelf ready to go no hassles don’t have to give it any brain power hardware you should have thought about one of the off the shelf SDR’s that advertise in the radio magazines as complete solutions, that is why they cost more. They are complete radios.
These are DEVELOPMENT radios.
If you aren’t up to the task of making a development bit of kit work and adding on the required parts to complete it you don’t belong here and will just feel like you’ve been cheated (even though it was you that made the mistake).

DEVELOPMENT.

1 Like