Happy days are here again - LimeSDR lives in HF!

@sdr_research, thanks, for my needs, just the MN18 is enough, 80m is reasonable now, 40 is good now and the rest are great, they’re just a bit to small for me to solder…like marty said, thanks, BIG difference…

Windows rocks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looking at your CPU load I think you need a stronger PC :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank-you for your action my friend
Bernard MALET

Very big thanks to:

• Sdr-research, for its hyper professional technical research. Can you give us your first name Sdr-research, and your e-mail address in order to exchange.

• Marty, KNOCK, for his constant search to make his toys LimeSDR V1.2 and V1.4

• Simon, G4ELI, for its superb software allowing to live and especially to visualize the signals, which arrive by good antennas to this little technical jewel that is the LimeSDR.
    Simon, you can pull the box out of the closet.

Among the multitude of customers a thought to DK8OK, Nils who will surely be happy with the good news

Still a very great one advanced by the spirit HAMRADIO.

Note: I would like the modification to be carried out by the manufacturer to avoid any dispute over the very short warranty period.

Thank you all and a very good Weekend

73 Bernard MALET

1 Like

Well, it “works” for me after the mod using gqrx. However, I found that setting the bandwidth to 0 does not seem to select the best bandwidth, at least not from a sensitivity point of view.

The screenshot below shows 10 Msps first using 0 MHz bandwidth then 10 MHz bandwidth.

I only did the super-easy mod by @sdr_research - thanks :slight_smile:

PS: This is on a v1.2 board, but there shouldn’t be any difference, right?

1 Like

And here is a screenshot from 40 (it’s 10:20 local here).

Of course, it helps that there are at least two contests going on.

1 Like

Thank you @sdr_research :blush:

Any suggestion of a software issue was in connection with v1.2 vs. v1.4 performance and not HF in general. These two things somehow got repeatedly conflated. Your suggestions are appreciated, really, but we couldn’t recommend any strategy until we’d thoroughly explored them and looked at all the options etc.

Also I’m not in the engineering team and so not really in a position to validate them. As such people probably wouldn’t thank me if I went making modification recommendations without full engineering approval!

1 Like

I confirmed this, too, Alex but I had to use a 100 MHz bandwidth because the receive sensitivity was affected by the applied bandwidth for some reason. I tried using 10 MHz and the receive was weak, but when I used 100 MHz and then zoomed in, I had great receive in HF. Not sure if this is an anomaly or not, but it’s not bugging me too much… :slight_smile:

73 de Marty, KN0CK

@SimonG4ELI,

DOH!!..Okay…Lemme work that…I’m due for a newer PC… :slight_smile:

73 de Marty, KN0CK

Freeman,

It’s been confirmed that you have to set the Bandwidth on the GQRX application to 100 MHz and the input rate to 10 Mbps…THAT will fix the marginal receive issue. I’m not sure if this is an anomaly or not, but I will defer to @csete to answer that since he’s the author of this GREAT Linux receive app…I used it this morning to confirm the change works on GQRX - try those settings on your side.

73 de Marty, KN0CK

@martywittrock @csete I tried gqrx without any change in performance. I like I said, this is probably something I did. I will refresh and build everything from scratch. Do the device settings look correct?

-Freeman

@sdr_research you man,
now no one like to sell second Lime to me :stuck_out_tongue:
but thank you any way :wink:
Djani

Well, I’ve removed mine. It took a soldering iron and a little fiddling to remove. Unfortunately, I have my PC apart at the moment. (I’m building a custom wood box, stain is drying at present.

1 Like

@Jman87,

Keep us advised and post pics if you have them…

73 de Marty, KN0CK

Freeman.

Everything looks fine with the settings - I had to change my Bandwidth to 100 MHz to make GQRX happy. Try it at 10 MHz and if you don’t have luck there, then try 100 MHz for the Bandwidth.

Keep us tuned-in,

73 de Marty, KN0CK

I’ll be happy to, but 100Mhz is out of reach for me at the moment. My machine is refusing to recognized the LimeSDR when plugged into the USB3 ports under Ubuntu 16.10 or Windows 10. I started a thread for it.

-Freeman, N5FPP

1 Like

Oh - FYI, CubicSDR compiles and recognizes the card, but I only get offered 100Khz and 60Mhz as bandwidth options when configuring. I created a issue tracker on the CubicSDR github.

-Freeman

1 Like

Freeman.

Just replied on that, too…Let’s see if my suggestions or others help out.

73 de Marty, KN0CK

20m This afternoon on the modified LimeSDR:

CHEERS…! 73 de Marty, KN0CK