Gr-limesdr - LimeSDR plugin for GNURadio

Hey I am working on installing the LimeSDR software so I can use it with GNU radio but whenever I click the link in step 3.1 about extracting limeSDR filse to GNU radio folder I get your connection is not private error. Any ideas?

Could you be more specific, please.

Hi im stuck installing gr-limesdr from source.

when i type make i get:
root@ces-PC:/home/cmri/gr-limesdr/build# make
[ 4%] Building CXX object lib/CMakeFiles/gnuradio-limesdr.dir/sink_impl.cc.o
/home/cmri/gr-limesdr/lib/sink_impl.cc: In member function ‘void gr::limesdr::sink_impl::toggle_pa_path(int, bool)’:
/home/cmri/gr-limesdr/lib/sink_impl.cc:305:51: error: ‘LMS_RegisterLogHandler’ was not declared in this scope
LMS_RegisterLogHandler([](int, const char*) {});
^
lib/CMakeFiles/gnuradio-limesdr.dir/build.make:86: fallo en las instrucciones para el objetivo ‘lib/CMakeFiles/gnuradio-limesdr.dir/sink_impl.cc.o’
make[2]: *** [lib/CMakeFiles/gnuradio-limesdr.dir/sink_impl.cc.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:135: fallo en las instrucciones para el objetivo ‘lib/CMakeFiles/gnuradio-limesdr.dir/all’
make[1]: *** [lib/CMakeFiles/gnuradio-limesdr.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:138: fallo en las instrucciones para el objetivo ‘all’
make: *** [all] Error 2

“fallo en las instrucciones para el objetivo…” = “fail in the instuctions for the objective…”

It seems that i didn’'t install limesuite…but i did!

Well, for a start, don’t use root account to compile sources.

Hi! i have just compile everything and i have gr-limesdr up and running.
I think that g++ couldn’t find the limesuite library. What i did was:

Uninstall limesuite (both binaries and source) and install it from source (again)…aandd. it WORRKS!

Garmus yes you are right i shouldn’t use root to compile sources.

Regards

Has anyone successfully compiled on Mac running OSX 10.14.x? I just installed gnu radio, and still have to work through that, but this plugin looks great. Would love to try it.

I am using gr-limesdr on my mac under 10.14. It works fine. You may have problems when closing, though, that require unplugging and replugging the USB. libusb and the Lime Mini USB interface have a distinct difference of opinion about how to close a connection. I fiddled around and found a workaround, which I document (sort of) here:

1 Like

Thank you, I will see if I can get it to work. :sunny: