Gqrx for limeSDR on RPI3

Odd. So you have the same version with the same error and yet you were able to compile despite the gcc error when “native” is used as the architecture.
I am without ideas at this point other than to try a clean install of Raspbian and start over. Maybe I messed it up with all my different attempts.
Thanks Robert

Finally got around to reinstalling Raspbian and trying all over again. I was careful to update and upgrade all the tools. I had to double check the install for each of the build tools because cmake wasn’t installed the first time around.
Again, I encountered the issue with the compiler bug that results in the “double free or corruption” problem which stopped me from building it. So I researched the topic again and this link which states “Safest is to remove all -mcpu and -march options, the program will run on any RPi then but if you need performance and know it will only run on an RPi3 then use the RPi3 specific versions.”
Since I was more interested in solving the build problem, I just commented out line 88 in CMakeLists.txt as in
87 if(${ENABLE_SIMD_FLAGS} MATCHES “native”)
88 # add_definitions(-march=native -mfpmath=both)

Then I ran the build as usual and voila it works.
SoapySDRUtil --find
######################################################

Soapy SDR – the SDR abstraction library

######################################################

Found device 0
addr = 1d50:6108
driver = lime
label = LimeSDR-USB [USB 2.0] 9060B00472625
media = USB 2.0
module = STREAM
name = LimeSDR-USB
serial = 0009060B00472625

The other option is to upgrade to gcc 6 but I didn’t want to go through that process just yet.

Hope this helps others with the PI problem.
Cheers

im in the same boat.
i want to get SoapySDR Remote working on the pi3.
currently running “2018-10-09-raspbian-stretch-lite.img” with update && upgrade but there is nothing to download yet.
i have installed Soapy* and LimeSuite* from raspbian repo and both --info and --find work fine with limesdr mini
when SoapySDR Remote is installed i think something is wrong though
‘SoapySDRServer --bind’ says already in use.
‘sudo systemctl start SoapySDRServer’
‘SoapySDRServer --bind’ (this time actually runs and i can see my ssh terminal listening)
on my ubuntu laptop ‘SoapySDRUtil --find’ sees the SoapySDR Remote server running on the pi3 (sees the (remote driver)).
so all apears to be good accept when i try to use gqrx or cubicsdr
cubicsdr does not automatically find it so i try to add it manually (I select “SoapyServer” and then i enter the IP:Port.
at this point i can see (on the pi3 ssh terminal) connection attempts and closes connection
i believe the SoapySDR Server is still running when connections are closed.

anyhow i wish someone would just make a fedora image with all this working (Armv8 and 64bit) or even a script so we can squeeze all the bandwidth we can out of it.

i spend 95% of my time trying to get things to run on raspbian and this pi3 instead of experimenting with actual RADIO.
lol
if i could ever get this working correctly i could be studying for my FCC technician license
:slight_smile:

@en1gma
Maybe you would have better luck with Ubuntu MATE 16.04.2 from https://ubuntu-pi-flavour-maker.org/download/

yindra thanks for the quick reply.
i just checked that link you sent.
i dont see any distros specific to pi3 hardware (armv8) and also i not sure but the 64bit version i have read makes a big difference but im not sure if thats true. that might be true for non-gui apps as it takes more memory using 64bit OS
thanks