Dead spots at 645MHz and 321MHz

Progress - I was able to recompile the LimeSuite DLL for x64 Windows which fixes the MCU error 3 and 4 errors on 10/11 LimeSDR Mini units I have here.

I am using a 36W thermoelectric cooler to keep one LimeSDR Mini unit cold enough to avoid the MCU error 5 “deadspot” errors.

One unit still has MCU error 2 errors.

Another problem has popped up… in real-world testing beyond my simple test script I am seeing “cannot deliver frequency” quite often.

I am investigating further and will try to put together a script to demonstrate the problem.

The Windows installer is provided by the Pothosware project and as far as I know maintained by @joshblum. There is a new Lime Suite release in the pipeline and one this would need to be done first I think (by @Garmus), following which I’m not sure when Josh schedules packaging.

The github master of LimeSuite seems to be quite broken.

Changing frequency often results in errors:
INFO: device_handler::set_rf_freq(): SetFrequencySXT(70 MHz) - cannot deliver frequency

Correction - I am getting “INFO: device_handler::set_rf_freq(): SetFrequencySXT(70 MHz) - cannot deliver frequency” quite often even with the release DLL.

Working on a test case to demonstrate the problem.

Progress regarding the “cannot deliver frequency” errors…

The errors occur when using gnuradio to modulate a signal AND using lock/unlock around changing the frequency.

The error doesn’t occur when not modulating a signal and it doesn’t occur if the lock/unlock is removed.