SDRAngel Rx & Tx

Quality and level of sound is poor, but hope you can get
some impression any way :wink:
Setup is the same except the signal is taken with swr directional coupler
Djani

2 Likes

Hi guys,

I have 3.5.2 downloaded and unzipped here under Win10 64bit. I’m a bit lost on how to configure this to see my LimeSDR…

Any help appreciated.
Tnx,
Mike

You installed Photos SDR Enivrnoment? Can you see your Lime under Lime Suite?

Yes, Pothos is installed and all apps can see the LimeSDR. LimeSuite runs fine. I’ve used it multiple times to update firmware. Currently at 17.07.0 I’m using Windows drivers. Win10 64bit.

I’ve had my board for ~ 5+ months now. I have it working with lots of apps. GRC, CubicSDR, GQRX, Qspectrumanalyzer, URH, SDRConsole V3, HDSDR, SDR# etc.

When I launch SDRangel, here’s the opening screen:

I assume my LimeSDR would show up under the Sampling Device Control drop down, but I only see SDRDaemonSource…

Mike

I’m having the same issues here as well. It works fine under Ubuntu but no options for LimeSDR on Win64.

Hello Ryan and Mike,
I had the same issue but after read the topic from jocover (may 26) =>

i replace an dll file and after that it works for me:

DLL what you have to replace =>

https://mega.nz/#!2ZFk2S5Z!E_LUpvB5w_aKGEChADYkjZHbBhuqiS3Cz1Fa7Gcm4Cg

Regards Ben

1 Like

Yes, DLL replacement is necessary …
Djani

1 Like

Yup, that did it. Thanks!

That did it for me as well. Got CW running.

Link to short video here.

<< https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4-5baDpT5HjS0YwbDM1VFRvM1E/view?usp=sharing >>

Hi, i tried to test the Lime with sdrangel, but i’am not able to start sampling. Is there a need for extra configuration of the limesdr to start sampling? Here is a screen shot from my PC. Or maybe some controls are missing?

Jan

Drag the bottoms of the control windows on the left down to reveal all of the controls. Hit the check mark next to LimeSDR to connect to it. Set a frequency into the counter. Start the blue play arrow under the RO tab. That should get you something.

Ok, i think it is not possible to reveal all of the controls. There seems to bee a maximum size for expanding the ‘Sampling device control’ window. It is possible to drag and make it smaller but i can not make it larger as shown in the screen shot above.

Maybe somebody has tested sdrangel on 4K displays? Is it possible that there is a maximum size defined in the program code for “sampling device control”? Somebody has another idea?

Thanks for replay Axeman!

I see you are running Ubuntu 17.04. I’m Win 10 here, but look at my screen shot. There is lots more control in my Sampling Devices screen.

Did you click the check mark to the right of the LimeSDR line in the Sampling Device Control to check that it actually see’s the Lime?

Mike

That’s it. Just clicking on the check mark, Much thanks for the hint :grinning:

After that, i get all the controls and i can expand the window. Sometimes things seems to be more complicated than they really are.

Best regards

Jan

Edouard,

How is the development going with SDRAngel for transmit audio? When you have a chance let us know if there’s been any improvement in the transmit audio and CW since the last message - TNX ex 73,

Marty, KN0CK

I have tested Tx audio on a comm tester and a Yeasu HT. At first it was very distorted and full of harmonics. I played around with decimation, sampling rates, and gain, and was able to produce a pure tone. Something goes wrong when decimation is being changed. Sometimes, but not always, the tone gets divided or multiplied. The same thing happens to voice. This also happens if you have a source and a sink going at the same time. Once it is set to sound good it sounds as good as it can get with the little pinhole microphone on my laptop. Now for a GPIO toggle for Tx/Rx to switch an amp

1 Like

@Axeman,

Is the source for that been applied on Github or is it available such that others can give it a try? Please let us all know.

THX ex 73, de Marty, KN0CK

Hello Marty,

have you tried with a sample rate no greater than 5 MS/s? it runs fine for me for sample rates between 3 and 5 MS/s. There is no point using a larger sample rate for audio and CW. To raise the final sample rate at the DAC you can use the hardware interpolator which is a great advantage of the Lime. With 5 MS/s host to device rate and a hardware interpolation of 8 you already have 40 MS/s at the DAC.

Also for audio/CW in AM, NFM, SSB the sample rate at the modulator should be no lower than 48 kS/s which is the audio sample rate being used. So on the other hand you must make sure that the sample rate you choose for the host to device rate divided by the software interpolation factor yields a value greater or equal to 48 kS/s.

Best regards, Edouard.

1 Like

I just added a sink and a modulator and used the tone generator or mic input in sdrangel. I then ran the rf output to an R&S CMS 57 which can demodulate and measure distortion and also display the rf spectrum.
BTW, there is a huge delay between audio input and transmit.

2 Likes