LMS8001+ (100 kHz to 12 GHz) Transceiver schedule/info

Would anyone have more detailed info on the LMS8001+ transveiver chip and if we would have a new version of LimeSDR with LMS8001+ upgrade in the future?

Any information when this would be available?

This will be really great: kudos for the Limemicro team!

The Phase4 folks (Geo-sat HAM project) seem to be already experimenting with LimeSDR as below. In fact I first learned about LimeSDR from a Phase4 discussion in a local microwave HAM mailing list.

1 Like

" The current LimeSDR hardware is by no means where the story ends and one board that we are able to share details of just now is an future add-on, that when used together with one of the current LimeSDR boards (USB 3.0 or PCIe) will extended coverage all the way up to 12GHz. Based on the LMS8001 up/down converter, the design files (KiCAD) can be found on GitHub, testing will commence later this year and we’re aiming for availability by the end of March 2017" - (ref: https://www.crowdsupply.com/lime-micro/limesdr/updates/future )

I’m curious any update on the timeline for the up/down converter add-on board ?

I can’t be very specific at this point I’m afraid and so in the absence of firm dates:

1 Like

It had better be soon, or else that bird is going to make a nasty mess on your sofa.

2 Likes