LimeSDR with Gqrx is working!

yea … didint follow the steps …

mkdir
cd (change directory) build
cmake …/

I’m going by cut and paste. I have no idea what I am doing. I have enough knowledge to be dangerous. I see there is a new PothosSDR for windows. My linux box is now so screwed up I can’t use my HackRF. My windows 7 box is where I will try the latest release. I’m really loosing hope that my LimeSDR works. I see all the examples people post of their unit and how nice the display is, I can’t get mine to run. Is it too late to ask for a refund?

Larry in El Paso

I installed the latest PosthosSDR on Windows 7 and Limesuite sees nothing.

Larry in El Paso

A suggestion to help you, I think you should start your own thread. Easier for you to follow and others to help. That way there’s a linear progression. Keep it methodical. Just a suggestion. From what I’ve read it sounds like you’re on the software learning curve part of the equation. If you have windows and are used to it then stick with that for now. Don’t throw linux into the mix just yet.

That sounds like a good idea, thanks. I need to move some coax connections first and I have the LimeSDR in the acrylic case.

Larry in El Paso

Larry,

I’ve given up on that acrylic case. All the real geniuses here @9a4db and others are having great results with Aluminum cases. I’ve just ordered this : https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TJ49K4U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. See his waveforms versus mine at My Lime seems completely deaf

Another ham locally has no case and he just bought 50 of the jumpers. I have confirmed the USB port works. My Ubuntu is unstable so I am going ahead with Windows 7 and the bottom of the case.

Larry in El Paso

K. Report back how that goes :slight_smile:

Hello,

I just got my LimeSDR and did some tests:

1. I have Installed USB drivers
  2. Installed PothoSDR binaries on Windows 10
  3. Installed the latest firmware manually (the automatic update didn’t work for me)
    Now I am at: Firmware 3, Hardware 4, Protocol 1, Gateware 2, Gateware rev 6
  4. I have did the Loopback, Receive and Transmit Quick tests using the LimeSuiteGUI
    Tests seems to be working.
    On some of them I see the FFTviewer stops updating without obvious action from my side.
    Often I see Buffer status Rx /TX full loaded. Is this normal?
    The board is getting hot. I have measured 75degC at the FPGA chip.
  5. I have installed latest SDR console and I was able to listen FM radio on a few local stations. Anything other than FM I was not able (probably due to lack of practical knowledge how to select and demodulate)

My current issue now. gqrx from PothosSRD binaries for windows 10 doesn’t work for me.
I have tried most of the various settings explained in this thread for a not avail. After I configure and press Start DSP I get my dBFS indicator goes full scale up to almost 0 and it stops there. I don’t get waterfall diagram.
How cal I investigate? Is there some log somewhere?

Thermal profile of my board after 10min listening FM radio with SDR Console attached

Thanks

Dimitar

Decided to try out an OLD laptop with Ubuntu 16.04.1 — AMD with SIS gpu … 2.2Ghz

And again hit the issue with wxpython not being detected === again.

What version is needed and its source?

I have python3-dev and wxpython … and python2.8 … dont see wxpython2.8 yet … got too tired last nite and gave it up.

I don’t recall a wxpython dependency for Gqrx. Gqrx is Qt based.

LimeSuiteGUI does …

Some parts are not working on my Real old laptop and im not sure why yet … but this wxpython thing is kinda a pain …

Don’t recall LimeSuiteGui using wxpython. But I know it does use WxWidgets. Maybe try a Live distro from a USB just to separate software problems from hardware/driver problems.

I have my lime usb up and running on Mac Sierra on Pothos and Cubic just fine. Still not yet getting GQRX working. I’m seeing the crash every other start that others have reported and I’m not seeing any signal (flat line). My terminal log looks like:

Mac OS; Clang version 9.0.0 (clang-900.0.38); Boost_106501; UHD_003.010.002.000-MacPorts-Release

gr-osmosdr v0.1.x-xxx-xunknown (0.1.5git) gnuradio 3.7.11
built-in source types: file fcd rtl rtl_tcp uhd sdrplay hackrf bladerf rfspace airspy soapy 
Resampling audio 96000 -> 48000
gr::log :INFO: audio source - Audio sink arch: osx
gr::log :INFO: audio_osx_sink0 - 

Using output audio device 'Built-in Output'.
  ... which is the current default output audio device.
  Changing the default output audio device in the System Preferences will 
  result in changing it here, too (with an internal reconfiguration).

BookmarksFile is /Users/s/.config/gqrx/bookmarks.csv
Number of audio input devices: 1
Number of audio output devices: 1
get_devices started
Device count: 0
get_devices end
gr-osmosdr v0.1.x-xxx-xunknown (0.1.5git) gnuradio 3.7.11
built-in source types: file fcd rtl rtl_tcp uhd sdrplay hackrf bladerf rfspace airspy soapy 

FATAL: SoapySDR::Device::make() no match

Trying to fill up 1 missing channel(s) with null source(s).
This is being done to prevent the application from crashing
due to gnuradio bug #528.

Failed to set RX input rate to 5e+06
Your device may not be working properly.

I have the drive string set to “soapy=0,driver=lime” in the config I/O devices dialog. I’ve tried 0, 0 and 2.5 MHZ/162.5MHz as values for BW and LNB respectively.
I assume that Soapy is not being started???

SoapySDRUTIL -find
and
SoapySDRUTIL --args driver=lime
and
SoapySDRUTIL --find --args driver=lime --channels=0
all report No devices found??

Hello,

I’m having issue with using gqrx with Linux Mint, I can see the device through LimeUtil and SoapySDR, and can successfully launch the program with the given device string.

however I don’t see anything on the display as the picture shows, not even noise.

I’m new to the SDR thing, so it could be a silly thing that I am missing,

can any one help ?

Thanks

Check on the input “Input Contol” tab / section that you have the antenna selected … never remember which is the right one… but there are only 4 choices anyway …

I did check all of them , but non worked

and I have the atennas RX2_H and RX2_W connected to antennas

@Bahaeddin,

GQRX Only works with the RX1_H, RX1_L, and RX1_W side of the LimeSDR. Please use those ports and try again. Also increase the gain of to see the noise floor and eventually signals.

Keep us advised on your progress - thanks,

Marty (KN0CK)

Leave “LNB LO” at 0 unless you actually have an LNB in front of your device.

Also, you have to press the Play button, or File menu -> Start DSP to have it actually do something.

Thank you all for you commnents, turns out I didn’t push the start button ! (told you it would be silly thing)
anyhow, I did manage to recieve noise, but still didn’t get anything from the spectrum ,I’m searching in the FM space and got nothing but noise.

guess will have to keep investigating