ExtIO_LimeSDR.dll not working in HDSDR

I tried downloading ExtIO_LimeSDR.dll from the link on the github page

Unfortunately this DLL doesn’t seem to work for me:

I’m assuming based on age, it was compiled for v1.2, and it needs to be recompiled for v1.4? Has someone done this already?

Thanks,

philip

Might be worth pinging @jocover.

@martywittrock does @jocover 's compiled ExtIO_LimeSDR.dll work with your v1.4 board?

1 Like

@hahnpv - Phillip,

Sure does - You can use that ExtIO DLL for SDRSharp and HDSDR among others - Seems to work in transmit, too, with @jocover application Fubar2000 which you can find on Github, but certainly SDRAngel is MUCH better. I should also mention that you need to use ZADIG drivers when you use that DLL for it to be recognized - the Cypress drivers will not be interoperable with that DLL.

Let me know if you need more info, Phillip - 73 de Marty, KN0CK

1 Like

Thanks @martywittrock, I installed the zadig drivers, rebooted and no longer got the error box (above) but instead when I go to Options->Select Input, I see “ExtIO: device not ready”. I was thinking do I need to set up bandwidth or something else apriori?

I agree sdrangel is pretty cool for straight SDR work, and I have it on my laptop for travel. At home, I’d like to use HDSDR along with my ham radio rig, using the Lime as a panadapter and CAT control my FT450.

If you have any other suggestions or can point me where to dig, let me know. Thanks again for the help.

philip

1 Like

Zadig has 3 different drivers that it installs. Be sure that you are using the one required in the instructions. I went through this for a bit, till I found the issue.

Ed

AA7QQ, What instructions are you referring to? Please point me to them. Thank you,

philip

The Zadig was not using the right driver at one point, as the default. I think it has to be the WinUSB driver. Mine was showing something different.

Ed

Phillip,

I have my Windows 10 SDRAngel setup a little disconbobulated right now because I’m experimenting with the Pine Rock64 ARM Pi-alike hoping to put SDRAngel on it, but right now running GQRX with RTLs, but not yet with the Lime. I REALLY need to clean up the mess of cables and things on the bench and will put my Win10/Angel setup back together and will let you know what ZADIG driver I’m using to make it work - it’ll make me a little less crazy, too, because I’ve been doing experiment after experiment and each time I do there’s another layer of cables and ‘stuff’ as a result - I’m also building two Bias Tees for GPS use and the cleanup will help to make that happen. as well.

Please stay tuned later for that info…It’s on its way - 73 de Marty, KN0CK

Thanks for your help so far Marty, no rush on my part. I’ve got plenty to keep me busy just trying to get the shack back online, eventually.

1 Like

@hahnpv - Philip,

Okay - I have my Lattepanda setup back on the air again and I checked it with the Win USB version on Zadig - the version is: WinUSB V6.1, 7600, 16385…THAT is the driver to load in Zadig to get your LimeSDR V1.4 to be recognized and operational with SDRAngel - it’s working with my setup perfect that way on Win10 64 Bit.

Let me know if you need anything else on this, Philip,

73 de Marty, KN0CK

1 Like

Marty - that does work for SDRangel. Thanks! For some reason HDSDR still isn’t happy. Problems for another day! Do you use your sdr with a cat controlled transciever?

philip

Looking good. Went back to signed drivers playing with gqrx, contesting on 20M. 40M dipole in the attic fed into a tuner, tuned to ‘max noise’, into LNAL with the HF mod. Thanks again for the help!

also @martywittrock I’m nearly positive my problems stem from having a preproduction board that won’t work with the latest gateware/firmware. Hopefully when the LimeSDR mini’s show up I can prove this thesis (I was planning on using the mini as a panadapter anyways and use the full lime for gnuradio dinking around etc.)

@hahnpv - Philip,

Is your LimeSDR a V1.2? The Betas were V1.2 and the ‘full-up’ LimeSDR that was sent to everyone was a V1.4 (there was no V1.3 that I’m aware of). But it looks like if your Lime is working on SDRAngel then it’s a V1.4 because I have a Beta V1.2 from almost 2 years ago and it’s not capable of being seen by SDRAngel but it will work with HDSDR and SDRConsole V3.0. Also, be sure that your V1.4 has the HF mod in it. There are coils that were installed across the terminals of the Wideband, Lowband and Highband ports that, for the HF mod, the coil is removed in the Wideband antennas for RX1 and RX2. Please see this posting for more info on that ----> So, how about the Wideband Port - How’s it look modified..?

Keep me advised if you have any other questions or observations, Philip - 73 de Marty, KN0CK

@martywittrock the silkscreen says V1.4 but the more recent firmware updates fail when they try to do MCU programming. Rolling back the firmware (to pre-MCU-programming days) and stuff works again. I got this board a few months before the general release. See my other thread

The Pothos release that coincides with the firmware works great (CubicSDR, GQRX, etc.) but the current release version of CubicSDR does not recognize my board with the old firmware, and while it recognizes it with the new firmware it fails when it attempts to do the MCU programming.

Honestly it is not a big deal. I was planning on using one of the LimeSDR Mini’s for amateur radio (assuming it isn’t deaf on HF, or can be modded similar to the LimeSDR) work and use the LimeSDR with gnuradio development/experimentation, which so long as I compile gr-osmosdr with the appropriate limesuite revision works just fine and I can keep everything else bleeding edge.

I did the HF mod on RX1_L, I haven’t modded RX1_W yet. I’m just hopeful the mini’s are moddable or sensitive out of the box.

philip

https://mega.nz/#!2V9xAYzb!wRbkehLH9M2jAz8k6V7KVKUoCyHr-iip8DSyXFKuMzQ
last test version ExtIO_LimeSDR,using fx3 driver,limesdr mini not tested

2 Likes

i tried it with the mini it starts but i don’t seem to get any signals.
here are the errors from tempestsdr and hdsdr
https://pastebin.com/utWHjtb3

aLso this in hdsdr when closing extio
https://puu.sh/zvWJD/84d37be121.jpg