Complete Noob looking for my first RX/TX SDR

Vincent,

Right now I cobbled together a Hammond Industries case (Part Number: 1455A1202RD) around my original LimeSDR and the pictures of that can be seen in the thread here ----> Hammond 1455 V2 aluminum case for LimeSDR Just look for the pictures I posted of the LimeSDR being cased up. It’s kind of a hack, but it fit like a glove (it’s a little tight) and I had to chew part of the case away on my version of the Lime. If you look further down the posts, a user Luftek has created A REAL NICE CASE from a little larger Hammond chassis. Again, refer to the link I posted here and then follow the discussion - it’ll give you the informed decision on casing up the LimeSDR.

I also want to go on record that I have a LimeSDR running WITHOUT ANYTHING (not enclosed in acrylic or metal) that I’m listening to on the 20m band right now and it’s playing fine. But I really think you’d be better off with a metal case for your LimeSDR and Luftek has designed one that - I think - is going to meet most (if not all) of the requirements of LimeSDR users. Just post a note to Luftek (his real name is Ziga) and see if you can gather the BOM and other details from him - he’s been great about sharing that. Also, I believe he’s selling on EBay, too, but do check with him on that. The link to the EBay listing is here -----> http://www.ebay.com/itm/NO-STOCK-LimeSDR-enclosure-front-rear-panel-case-rtl-sdr-myriad-hackrf-airspy-/112088499793?hash=item1a18fec651:g:A7MAAOSwxg5Xza6L

Keep in touch if you have any other questions, Vincent -

de Marty (KN0CK)